Welcome to the new Michigander dgnort3, Oak Grove, Mi.

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

welcome..to the best garden site..hope you enjoy it here..so many things to learn and share...welcome..tell us about you..hehehe..

again Welcome...smiles..
Diana

Thumbnail by WantabeGardener
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

welcome to the site and please join are garden group here in the michigan part of daves!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

welcome to you I think we need more people on the Mich. site every one is so nice hope you have a great time exploring the garden here
Gloria

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome to Daves. I'm so glad you've joined us. Tell us about your garden.

Brenda

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Hello and welcome from mid MI. !!
What is your favorite group of plants??

And while I am at it do any of you Michiganders have a favorite
group of plants?
Mine is definitely Lily/roses is that one or two groups???? LOL!
I like them both the same!! I can not choose, Don't make ME!!!
How about the rest of you?
Julie

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Welcome to Dave's and Welcome to the Michigan forum...

Deann

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Julie mine are the ones that grow LOL
Gloria

Oak Grove, MI

Thank you all for your welcome. To answer Julie's question: My favortite group is anything seed saver. On this very day my favorites are what I've already stated; Coleus, Impatiens, petunias.......

My biggest problem is that mouse that has gotten into my nursery and is digging in my seedlings! I won't use any poisons and have mouse traps and glue boards down. Wish me luck!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Gee i have way to many favorites to try and pick one or two!! I do have a lily/rose garden!

As for the mice I sure hope your traps work! i use everything for them pesky critters!!!
Voles are the worst-they get pellets!

so you have a nursery-do tell!!!!

Oak Grove, MI

It's an intgeresting arrangement. We built a master bedroom/bath/closet addition that left a 54" high space underneath that is 22' by 22'.

I wired it, put heat ducts to it and ran water to it. Then I built benches that are 28 inches high by 2' by 4' that I can use a rolling shop chair to work them like sitting at a desk. Right now I have 70' feet of bench under lights. What's a newly retired guy to do? :-)

Any advice on getting greenhouse space up yet this spring?

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

dg,
Hey that sounds like a green house to me!! Your a pretty good thinker if you can plan and execute that space into a working green house or growing area!! Your just our kind of plant freak!! LOL!!
I mean you have to like your plants to work hard at renovating any/every amount of unused space for growing! I turn unused areas of my home into planting/holding spaces. A Costco rack and a couple of shop lights..oh I also hang a heavy duty clear shower curtain to keep the warmth in around the plant rack. it works real nice!!
Welcome and nice to know you!
Julie

Thumbnail by jazzzy704
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

http://www.gardenbuddies.com/forum/messages/17083/1192032.html
collect old windows!!!

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Dori,
I looked at your green house and again I was envious..Yes GREEN with it!! And then I read what you said about it ..I had NO idea from looking at it that it was made of old windows!! It looks fantastic!
DH has a good head for building!! Looks great. I would never have guessed if i hadn't read it here!! You two must make a great Combination!!
Julie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.