Good, bad and what evah...

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Finally back home from Arizona, for good, I hope. I am so relieved to have brought my mom here to live with us, but hope poor Teddy won't be driven to distraction between me, her and my sister all living here! But one month of my life I hope to never re-live.

Horses ... oh gosh, I feel bad about them. They're all incredibly muddy, Sass has a serious case of rain-rot and poor Hankster is so thin I can't believe it. The only reasons I can see for it is his cribbing collar has been off and I've read that cribbing can really make them hard to keep weight on - sad, because he's been such an easy keeper until now. And Alee has been running everyone around (nothing new) while they were put in together. I had been keeping them separate, but Teddy put them together so they could use the run-in shed.

Anywho, I thought I'd start giving Hankster some Senior and see if it helps out - if not, we'll drive wherever we need to in order to get him to a decent vet. Any other suggestions? I've already gotten them back to a 2 pasture system so Ms. Alpha can take a pill....

This thread has 22 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!