Perennial Co-op

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

COME ONE, COME ALL

I am hosting a perennial co-op and would love too see some of you fellow michiganders there!!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/816414/

Almont, MI

A couple general questions, I grabbed the first thread with the word perennial in it. Do you buy perennials in the fall? If so, what month? Which ones do you look for? i.e. old standby's, rare ones, plant of the year

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Potted perennials are buyable at anytime. Spring thru fall. I look for everything that i like! Standbys, rare, popular! As long as they interest me i go for em!

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

krnbrohl,
We are all going to Stacey (Fairys) house because she started a co-op. She went to a grower of perennials and they agreed to sell her plugs. They come 50 to a 105 in a flat. Because most of us do not want 50 of any one thing she got them sent to her home and then people on Daves here asked Stacey to sell them some. So Stacey set up an order "thread" where people go to get to order these plants in ones or 2 s.
OR More! Now she has asked that Dave gardeners from Michigan will show up to help pack up the plants each person wanted and send them to them!!
Go into Dave and find co-ops!! You will see all the stuff people have offered to buy in groups for a good price and no profit to the co-op host. Mostly it is a GREAT BIG favor to the rest of us!!
Ask away if you have ques. many here will be happy to help!
JUlie

Almont, MI

Whoops, sent you in the wrong direction. Should have explained more. I have my own greenhouse business, but with very little experience in perennials. I sell some perennials in the spring along with mostly annuals. What I am debating is expanding the fall line of mums, pumpkins, gourds, with some "freshly grown" perennials. Not the leftovers from spring.

I buy them whenever I want-just if I buy them & it is too hot I let them hang out in the pots til I get a few cooler days to plant. I try to buy them in the spring and no later than Sept-Sept is a good time too....and I agree that a mix-some common and some treasures!!

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh krnbrohl,
OK I thought YOU were personally asking...BUT NO!! It turns out you grow and are looking to see what
WE buy! Well I like to buy but never find Lupine, Delphinium, Foxglove in the fall. The baby plants will be huge the following summer. I have not had good luck getting these so I have been sowing seed in
July for the next years flowers! But I would guess almost any perennial would be welcome to real gardeners. And you know if it doesn't sell for 4.98 in the fall "stick it in a gallon pot for 12.99" and sell it in the spring!!!!!!
LOL!! Sorry I was a bit confused by your initial question!!
Julie

Almont, MI

Thanks for the input I'm still mulling over "the fall line", Son number two is entering college this fall on a football scholarship and I'll be hiring someone to be at the greenhouse on a few Saturdays so I can go see him play and staying simple might be better.

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Stacey...did the plants come???

should be on their way-had to fight w/ GC and will be calling them bothe today!! Getting anxious my dear???

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.