6-2-2 organic fertilizer for the garden

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

I put some 6-2-2 fertilizer down in the vegetable garden and wandering how long it will last? March is coming up and the second week is planting time. I don't wont to much nitrogen for my tomatoes, etc. Just a question.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

What did the container of fertilizer say about application frequency? Some ferts release slower than others, but it should tell you on the package how often to use it.

ecrane3,

It says to apply to a vegetable garden twice a year. Two pounds per 100 row feet. I may have over done it. I guess I could always add some of the latter elements. I could use bone meal for phosphurus and add some pottasium (?).

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

If you feel you did more than 2 lbs, I would say don't add more P K . The excess N is still there unless used. I think a better way to deal with excess N possibility is put in some low N organic, chopped leaves or something. Bearing in mind too, that organic fert should be slower to break down and maybe won't cause your tomatoes a problem.

sallyg,

Thanks, I was concerned that I may have over done it. I have some leaves I could always add. Yes, organic fertilizer should be slower to break down.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I am reading Omnivore's Dilemna so I'm X-try smart just now & ^)

LOL!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.