Help ID'ing this

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Does anyone recognize this guy? This is a wonderful rebloomer but I don't know what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thumbnail by weegy12
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Here's the clump, it blooms for me 2 or 3 times a year. If I can't ID it, I'm going to offer it to anyone who wants it, I have 5 clumps of it and with no ID, it's taking up 5 spaces for named irises.

Thumbnail by weegy12
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hi Louise,

It looks like there may be a couple of possibilities. Since it reblooms, and has lighter beards I would think it is either:
Sugar Blues http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/27988/
or
Victoria Falls http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/36890/

VICTORIA FALLS is the more circulated one. SUGAR BLUES is a child of Victoria Falls

Do you remember ever owning one of these two?
~Margie

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I do have Victoria Falls but never had it planted here in the little garden. Never had Sugar Blues. It does look like Victoria Falls, I will compare when it blooms in the big garden. That's sure a good start. Thanks my friend for your help.

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

well, it is a lovely color and i love that it reblooms! if you do decide to trade some of it, please let me know, i would love to try it in my garden! :-)

tracie

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

You got it Tracie. If I can't positively ID it, it's going bye bye!

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

i am looking for plants that have my daughters name, Victoria. she is 10 and does a pretty good job helping her old ma in the garden. i am going to trade with another dger in the spring for some fans of a daylily that she has called "Miss Victoria", my daughter is sooo excited! i also want to get some with my sons name, Alex. but, the only dl that i have seen with his name is pretty expensive. he loves alligators, so i told him that the Spacecoast Gator Eye daylily that i got was for him. he thought that was great!

tracie

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

tracie
If you go to
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/adv_search.php?Search=Click+here+to+search+for+plants
and enter Victoria in the cultivar line, you'll find a whole list of plants with that name. Ditto for Alex.

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

thank you so much for the link!

tracie

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Louise,
Another clue that may help you: VICTORIA FALLS can grow up to 40 inches tall, and SUGAR BLUES will only grow up to 36 inches tall.

Grannymarsh, even I wasn't aware of that! One can learn something every day! Thanks for sharing that info with us.

~Margie

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

This is Victoria Falls She is distinct becasue of the white spot that she often throws in her offspring

Good luck in finding out what this pretty blue is

:)
Anita

Thumbnail by avmoran
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

They're pretty similar aren't they? Thanks av and Margie for your help.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

That's right Anita................I forgot about that distinct white area next to the beard.

Louise - - if that white area /next close to the beard is not there, then it probably is NOT Victoria Falls. It may be SUGAR BLUES. Unless someone else can think of another probable match.

~Margie

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Sugar Blues does have white hafts and shoulders so maybe

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I'll look at it again very closely and see if it's there Margie.
Thanks again all.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.