Lunar Eclipse

Millington, MI(Zone 5b)

Its clear out in my neck of the frozen woods, so I am going to check it out!

LOS ANGELES -- It's your last chance to see a total lunar eclipse for nearly three years.
It happens Wednesday night, and wherever the weather allows, it should be visible from North and South America.
There also are guest stars this time -- or, to be more precise, a star and a planet.
Skywatchers should be able to see Saturn and the bright star Regulus on either side of the full moon.
With a telescope, you might even see Saturn's rings.
Wednesday's total eclipse phase will last nearly an hour.
Earth's shadow is expected to blot out the moon beginning around 7 p.m. on the West Coast and 10 p.m. on the East Coast.
West Coast skygazers will miss the start of the eclipse because it occurs before the moon rises.
Forecasters warn that the weather could be a spoiler.
Cloudy skies are expected for most of the Western states, and there's a chance of snow from the heartland to the East Coast.
Wednesday's event will be the last total lunar eclipse until Dec. 20, 2010."

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

been watching it here all night very cool!

Millington, MI(Zone 5b)

I took some pics, but the combination of a cheap camera and clueless photographer freezin her butt off probably made for poor quality photos. I went through two sets of batteries in the cold, and have to wait to upload them on my computer.

But it sure was cool to watch. My 16 year old son even came out. He seemed pretty interested, and he usually don't get excited about much that don't run on batteries.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i took pics when it first started but it was to cold for that
figured if i wanted them bad enough id just get them from someone!! :)

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Lil,
We peeked out the window at 9:30 and saw just the beginning of it. Had to go to bed. We get up too early in the morning to purposely stay up late. Of course it couldn't have happened on one of those nights you just can't go to sleep. lol

Millington, MI(Zone 5b)

Ain't that the truth!
I am an insomniac by nature, so I usually am up for all the celestial events. That is if mother nature cooperates with no cloud cover.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.