Pictures of trees for school project.

Jackson, TN(Zone 7a)

Hello, All! My 10 year old son has a project for school for which he must find pictures of trees or leaves from trees not native to our area. We live in Tennesse. Does anyone have any ideas of where we might be able to copy and paste pictures to be printed out for his project! I've tried searching the web but with no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Melissa

Hi Melisa,

One place for your son to start is here: http://davesgarden.com/plants/browse/category/Trees/index.html

It's our plant database's Trees category, and has 54 entries right now. Tell him good luck on my behalf! Sounds like a fun project.

dave

Jackson, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Dave. Do I need to contact those people that have the copyright to the photo before I print it for his project? Don't want to make anyone ill! Better safe than sorry!!

Thanks for the help.
Melissa

Melissa,

Yes, if you want to use anybody's picture (whether on DG or elsewhere), you should contact the owner for permission. I'm sure that you'll find everybody here very open and receptive to the idea of their photo helping your son's project, and your son will learn a lesson on copyright. :-)

Dave

Jackson, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Dave! I have really enjoyed this site and have suggested it to many other people. Thanks for the info! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.