Are ya'll ready for S-N-O-W?part 5

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Hopefully this will be our last snow topic for 2008. The next one should be are you ready for S-P-R-I-N-G ha ha ha

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

RIGHT ON!!!
Julie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

we actually were gone most of the day started out with buying dog food and taking the dog for a walk, then we went to some friends house... kinda nice to be out in the world for a while and not just at work... the roads were just wet in most places not really to slippery. i was happy cause i was driving... hope everyone isgetting along in this cold winter.... snowiest winter in record keeping history for grand rapids. but its pretty close to use. so maybe for us too. man it sure did snow hard over night though.... SICK of it! but it seems like ive and weve said this before.... Ronna

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

not to bad here to day cold and snow sqalls but not to much snow I cant wait for spring to bad we don't have a choice LOL
Gloria

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Minus 8 this morning, I would rather have the snow. Brrrrr.
As I look at my (loose) records for last year, we had quite a few zero days in March last year. Seems we get a relief the middle of march (as Dori said) but it doesn't last.
Everyone better get out and "Hoodie-Hoo" today.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

well its anoly 8 here this morning....can you believe we are on #5 of this thread??? wow where has the winter gone??? just kidding we all know its still out there!!! oh well so we chug on huh? have a great wednesday Ronna

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

they said coldest night so far tonight -gag!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

okay heres the problem its cold out the little mister is at pool turnaments and I want to go to yahoo and see the coops some one tell me how PLEASE
Gloria

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

hey Gloria how do you get on the yahoo co-ops its really kinda confusing!! i seen a link for it somewhere and tried but all this talk about it i would like to try it again...

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

ME TOO!!!! hope some one will come and tell us
Gloria

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

8 below, right now.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

feels like -4°
the sun is shinning beautifully!

headin to daves chat...........follow me!

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Oh no, I missed today. I guess I shut down too early.
Hubby had the day off and I can't spend much time on the putter at one time.
I will try to catch you next thurs though.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Oh, wanted to add, it is about 20 now and with the sun quite balmy.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i started a hosta co-op today over in the co-ops forum

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

I only have one hosta, and I had to move it to hide it from deer lips.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

ive had them munch a few daylilies on their way from field to field

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

I planted daylillies a couple years before moving here. They did well along the bank by the water and were very pretty.
So, after building the house, I put in 250 dollars worth of all types of lillies. Just tossed them all over the place for color. They all came up nicely, into the lilly eating lips of those dang deer. I didn't see one blooming lilly for 3 years.
The ones that still come up, (daylillies only) I pick the large buds and bring them in to see the flowers.
It is not the expense of the "deer food" I spend that much on corn and beets every fall. It is the emotional cost of seeing the stalks with the chewed off ends.
They chew the tulip leaves off at 2". They don't even try to come up any more.
Now you have me worked up. I think venison is in order for supper tonight.
I will get out the camo crockpot.

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

cpartschick - too funny you wanting to eat the venison. lol
Sorry to hear about the lilies. :o(

I don't know how cold it is today, but no snow, just a beautiful medium frost covering everything.

My small amount of shade is filled. No more hosta for me.

I'm still busy starting more daylily seeds someone sent me. :o)
They like sun and I like them.

sharon

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Please try "Liquid Fence" for the deer and rabbits. It truly nice a good job. You have to use it faithfully and consistantly to break those rodents (deer are rodents in IMHO) freeloading habit of visiting your salad bar. First year here, we used a couple jugs , the second not so much and so on. Now a jug of the concentrate lets almost 2 years. Get the concentrate, not the ready to use.

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Yes, for sure...we have a deer problem too..We us liq fence too..but also the other two kinds...and change off...It works if you are on top of it all the time...they are so cute..but...~~~~~~~~ ;( Sure can pig out..for sure.. Here we can not shoot them either.. Nice day today for sure..3 pm and it is 40....Yahoo maybe spring is coming...lol...sure...hahaha...

take care all....smiles..Diana

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

It got up to about 42 here this afternoon. Really beautiful sunny day. It makes me feel spring in the air. I'm starting to see more birds out now which is always a good sign. The red headed woodpeckers and I think grossbecks (?) were all over my crabapple tree eating the crabapples. I was beginning to think nobody liked them. I'd like to plant more of those trees just to feed the birds in winter.

Someone ran into our ditch the other night. I just happened to look outside and saw the lights of the towing tractor pulling the car out of the ditch. I never heard a thing. I just saw those big headlights down the field and went out for a closer look and saw what was going on. Someone must have either been traveling too fast or swerved to miss a deer. I don't know.

The days are getting longer and I think the worst of winter is behind us. I hope so anyway.

Brenda

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

OH Brenda we still have our St. Pattys week storm then it will be spring I wait for it every year then the soft air comes and you can feel spring I wish it would hurry up though LOL
Gloria

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

dont forget April fools day! ;) Well at least in 93 we had a ice storm-knocked out powerI remember because my dad passed away that weekend and it was horrible. 1/2 way through the sermon the power came back on, but it was awful out!!!

March 13 is when my mom passed and ever since she did it seems to be a warm weekend
But since i just wrote this it most likely will be opposite.

Was a sunny day and i never got out of my Pj's-aaaahhhh
watching nascar now-dale jr got crashed already GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
by his team mate dble grrrrrrrrrrrrrr! but in my fantasy league i picked jeff gordon to win this race-so go Jeff get me some points!

I know spring is on the way you can just feel it cant ya?

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Jimmy Johnson LOWES I have to like him I know to many people that that work there LOL
Gloria

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Have you guys seen this email joke?

A curious fellow died one day and found himself waiting in the long line
of judgment. As he stood there he noticed that some souls were allowed
to march right through the pearly gates into Heaven. Others though, were
led over to Satan who threw them into the burning pit.
But every so often, instead of hurling a poor soul into the fire, Satan
would toss a soul off to one side into a small pile. After watching
Satan do this several times, the fellow's curiosity got the best of him.
So he strolled over and asked Satan what he was doing.
"Excuse me, Prince of Darkness," he said. "I'm waiting in line for
Judgment, but I couldn't help wondering. Why are you tossing those
people aside instead of flinging them into the Fires of He** with the
others?"
"Oh those . . ." Satan groaned. "They're all from Michigan.
They're still too cold and wet to burn."

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh C that is a good one!!
Well , Loon at the top of this thread you said you hoped this was the last one about snow....
NOT!!!
Julie

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

lol to funny!!!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

well, more snow on the way tonight... 2-4inches expected. its going to skip right over us i know it!!!! my daughter has class tommorow and i worry about her driving in the snow... i know we are true moms aren't we?? the weekend was relativly nice here but friday was georgeous!!!! needed the ole sunglasses all day.. now if i only had some.... 100 % sun all day:) the first time for that to happen since october!!! nice, nice, nice... have a great evening. Ronna

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

raining here I hope its not to Icey tomarrow I have to be at the dentist at 12:15 there talking snow 2-5 inches yuk I think the little mister will be driving I'm a big sissy when it comes to slippery roads just think in a few more weeks it will be spring and then in a few more weeks it will realy be spring in Michigan HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gloria

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Yep, it's a BEEEEEutiful Snowy day outside this morning.
Just hope I can slide my way to work.
sharon

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

We got that misty freezey stuff off and on all day. Only a skiff stuck, but it is slippery.
I see the eves are dripping this morning, yet it is only 28'. A good sign?
DST starts early this year, on March 9th, also Easter is the end of March. Early Spring then? or snowy Easter?

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I woke up to the neighbor scrrrrrrrrrrrraaaping ice off his van berrr hope it melts soon every one be carefull out there !!
Gloria

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

yes we got dumped on again also.... man the snow was really heavy. kinda still snowing here now at 6:12pm..
well where are we on the count down to spring count anyway????
we need it bad huh??? i have plants ordered and im chomping at the bit to get my seeds started... im going to try it this year it should be fun!!! when do you all start you seeds? is it to early??? im anxious. i know we all are. tired of this whole winter thing. Ronna

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

We didn't get any snow. Guess it all went your way. How much did you get?

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

The snow missed us too. It was a so so day here in AuGres. I hear we might get 2-4 on Friday though. Of course I listen to a mid Michigan radio station so we don't always get what they get down there. I don't mind the snow. It's the freezing rain and ice that gets me. I did hear by Sunday it will begin raining. I bet my pond will be overflowing this spring. I hope the pike don't swim up out of the ditch and go into my pond and eat all my perch. I think we got some in there last spring. I need to put a berm up with a net or something to keep mine in and the pike out. :)

I hope all the flowers I ordered from the co-ops don't come till I can plant them in the ground. I really don't have any space to over winter them and don't want to babysit them. I am not sure when they're mailing them out. I know I'll have some planting to do. Can't wait. I'd like to top dress my flower bed with some good topsoil. This time I'm going to be picky about where I buy it at. Last time I got construction leftover dirt that even had wire and stuff in it. I was not happy.

Have a great day everyone. Spring is getting closer. Have you noticed how much longer we have daylight now?

Brenda

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Just got a dusting here too - but winds, the roads last night were awful!! It was either glare ice or a ton of drifted snow. How many ways can I say...I'm tired of it all! More coming on Friday too....sigh

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

We got about 7" here, its the kind snowmen are made of :o) lol we're suppose to get a little more today, then sometime this week its suppose to rain. I am soooo ready for spring!!! Dry ground and GREEN, so sick of brown and wet.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi every one !!! i think we are all about over the winter stuff in about 6 weeks we can breath the soft air of spring I can hardly wait I wait all year for that first soft air It feels so good after all the hard cold air know what I mean??
Gloria

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Gloria,

Can I have that in writing please? :)

I sure hope you're right. We haven't had an early spring in quite a while. It would be nice to have one this year since we had such a rough winter. I can't wait to be outside more. I'm planning on getting a playscape of some kind for inside the fence for the grandbaby. I have so many outside toys now that my yard looks like I'm running a daycare. :) It just makes babysitting so much easier when I can sit outside with her and let her entertain herself on the toys. She loves to climb. I think she's going to be a tomboy. Her parents got her a really nice kitchen set for Christmas but instead of cooking in it she flips the whole thing over and climbs on it. :)

Brenda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.