Outside Arrangements?

london England, United Kingdom

What a lovely setting, for a perfect spring arrangement! Love the lilacs and soft colours,they go so well with the white vase.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thank you. I tell you just keeping the pollen off the outside furniture is a challenge this year, everything is coated thickly!

I haven't noticed the pollen here yet. Guess what? I got stung by a wasp yesterday. Not fair not nice!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Uh oh. We keep Adolphs meat tenderizer in the fishin tackle box, on the kitchen counter, in the jeep at the cabin and in the medicine chest because it is greatest for bee stings, takes the sting right out right away. Just make a little paste with water and voila sting is gone, but must use it immediately upon getting stung! Go get yourself some Terri and watch where you are stepping.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Will post a few of my Plants in Pots that decorate our porches. This is a double begonia.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Here is the corner stand it is on.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Pots of geranium, etc.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Stocks, dusty miller and geranium

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

White stock on table outside garage.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

And yet one more of mixed stock.

Thumbnail by haighr

Hi Candee, WoW! you have been busy, good idea to show us some of you outside containers. They are all looking great. Love the corner stand, what is the white flower in with the gorgeous double red begonia?
Your stocks look beautiful, I imagine they smell lovely. Is that Lantana? in with the stocks, I LOVE those!
I can see your lilies in the background have put on loads of growth, look forward to those flowering.
Thankyou!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I'll have to check, I knew when I bought it Terri, but the mind is a terrible thing to lose LOL. Yes that is lantana in some pots and a little dusty miller. Have you ever put the stock in pots before? I have one that is not looking so good today?
Oh, yes the lilies, I have tons of them and just wait till you see!!!

Hi Candee, I usually put the stocks in pots or window boxes so they are higher off the ground and I can smell them easier!!

I was given a bunch of sweet peas, here they are in a vase amongst the forget me nots!

Thumbnail by terriculture
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Sweet arrangement . Neat idea to have a vase in the garden, makes me start thinking uh oh!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Poppys and yellow tree peony now in bloom.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Little bit closer!

Thumbnail by haighr

Lovely colours! the combinations are so fresh. Your yellow Peony is soooooooo beautiful.

Sweetpeas and Hydranga in watering can.

Ranunculus added to the mix!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

The tree peonies are spectacular. I really like your ranunculus and sweet peas. I started some sweet peeas and they are beginning to pop up - you are an inspiration as I have never had them before either. Thank you Terri!

Thank you! I'm glad your sweet peas have popped up, they smell so gorgeous, possibly my favourite flowers !!!! I can't imagine a summer without them.

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Candee, those vibrant colors are to die for! Your flowers look great in their natural outdoor settings. Terri, those tulip. . .screaming GORGEOUS!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thank you Karma, now that I step back and take a look they do blend nicely. Terri, I will likely have to post my sweet pea photos for an ID as I can't recall what I planted where as usual! Guess I can just watch the pots for some color and then match them to your beauties.
So Karma, what have you got coming in store for us?

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Candee, I don't have anything at the moment. I'm just going along for the ride. Maybe some time later.

Thanks karma!
Candee, you will need to tie the sweet peas to canes for them to grow up! better find them soon .haha!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Oh, I didn't know that, they are a vine ???

They are climbers and need support, here's some from last year.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Well can I be any more clueless ^_^. Thanks for the pic, guess I'll be putting some of my plant holders in a few pots!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

These used to be fringed shasta daisies but last year and this they flourished w/o the fringe??? Still cute for little arrangements.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

A peek closer.

Thumbnail by haighr

Very Very nice curve. Love the way it flows!
The flower shapes and colours work well together. Glad to see you have been keeping busy Candee. LoL!!

Dalton, GA(Zone 7a)

Ok, guys! Fess up!! You are really internationally renowned professional designers masquerading as regular folk on DG. You have to be! Everything is soooo creative and aesthetically perfect!

If I were that good you'd never be able to pull me away from my table (except to go to the garden and cut more flowers)!

Dalton, GA(Zone 7a)

Oh, and after looking at the "flowers yard to vase " thread, I'm convinced you're all professional photographers as well!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

LOL firstyard, we are all then really great professional amateurs. I have never even read a magazine about arrangements and as for the camera I have read the book and am still learning. I thought the same thing when I first came here, I was sure I knew who the professionals are and then I came to understand that we are just a bunch of highly creative folks and a few here really outstanding ability to create from their imaginations. I think of myself as somebody with a good eye for color and I know what I like, others here are much more "professional" and spend much more time on their creations. I am more of a stick it together and step back and add or remove as my eye sees fit.
At any rate you will love it here, I can tell and so another great big welcome.
Candee

Time for another outside arrangement ...c'mon firstyard !!!!!!

Ok here's a summer hat for those hot summer days.

I used a shallow wicker basket to hold the floral foam, placed the crochet hat onto the foam and inserted the flowers through the holes.
It had green grapes on it too, but I ate them before the photos were taken ....Sorry!!!!!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

lol about the grapes. Your idea is another splendid one, I do so enjoy your creations. The lilies are really a lovely deep wine, hope I see a few soon here!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

I second that comment - what a NEAT idea. I have a variety of hats around since I have been on the lookout for the perfect summer hat for years - wide enough brim to provide shade, but doesn't flop all over my face, and can be packed easily in a suitcase. I am so glad you told us how you set up your arrangement with the floral foam and all.....I was wondering how the flowers stay so fresh looking.

Thanks Candee and soilsandup
Actually I got the idea of using a hat from seeing candee's straw hat in one of the arrangements above!
I bought 3 lily stems at the florists, it was the colour of them that caught my eye.
Here they are with some garden roses and foliage.

There were lots of flowers and buds on the stems.

My garden roses are flowering well this year!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.