Need ideas

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Hey Pixs Didn't know which tread to put this on. Lost so Lost.
One of your babies (you gave me) has a new home today. and doing quite well, infact all of them are doing very well even the Kalanchoe I thought didn't make it, but its sprouting from the roots.
Also and ? when do I start using Messenger?

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Kingston, WA

How much does kip weigh? Any suggestions for Maxs bad skin. It lookes extremely dry and flacky. Thomas has taken him to many vets and nothing seems tohelp. It doesn't seem to both him too much he just lookes icky. He is the greatest dog.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Kip is a large Border Terrier and weighs over 20 lbs with no fat on him at all. He is the largest of his litter and stands 2X taller than his momma.
What kind of terrier do you have Laurie? It must be a Norwich or Norfolk if not a Border. The only breeds that need plucking.
I miss Kip and Mackenzie today. Had a low success surgery this morning on a malamute with a perforated gastric ulcer and after 3 hours of surgery she died after we had finished about 30 minutes. She went into septic shock and decided to throw clots all over her body. called DIC. That was a tough phone call.

Burwash Weald, United Kingdom(Zone 9b)

Sorry about the malamute sofer, that must be very hard.

Wire Haired Foxterrier - none of that smooth coat in this household - I love that full set of whiskers and beard!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Ahhh, Steve. So sorry about your loss. And after you had put so much heart into healing her. My Vana ran a very real risk of DIC after getting hit by the car, and as I learned more I realized there was no real way of predicting whether it would happen. We just had to wait and see. It was such a frustrating thing for us all, but especially her doctors.

I know that her owners were profoundly grateful for all your efforts and for the fact that you care so much.

I know it's not the same as hugs from Kip and MacKenzie, but I'm sending virtual hugs your way today.

Katie

Sofer, that's really very sad for both you and the owner. I'm so sorry it turned out that way. When our cat died, I felt more sorry for our vet than I did for our family. More virtual hugs your way.

Tills, that looks great! Did I give you any of the sedum 'tricolor'? It looks a bit like that one, only it has leaves that are pink, cream, and green. It would look great mixed in. You can start spraying with messenger as soon as stuff starts leafing out nicely. If you have roses, start the spraying before any signs of disease.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Yes you did, didn't think there was enough room in the can, that one was big.
Everything you gave me is starting to take off.

Got the spray bottle ready, thanks

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Won one tonight a dog named Max with gastric torsion way out on an island with no transport for over 2hrs to get here and then we went to work and did surgery which all went well. 3 Doctors teamed up to save the dog and it is resting next to me as I type. Breathing deep breaths of pleasure with the buzz it has from the morphine. Life is always better if you hang in there.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Nice. What breed? Big? He's a survivor (with a "little" help from his friends). So nice for you all to join forces on his behalf. Makes my eyes leak.

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Same here - what a heartwarming endeavor, Steve!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Oh, most excellent, Steve!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Tils, I like that sedum in a watering can, too!

How's your corner doing? Is the clearing-out complete? I've lost track-did you decide to go with a vine or an evergreen? Or am I totally confused?

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Standard Poodle. Rarely involved with such pathology. Just got playing too hard at the cabin and twisted. Doing great today.
Now back to tills plans on placing the Statue of Michaelangelo's David right out her door and having a Virginia creeper climbing up his leg. lets see some lambs ear at his feet and a crown of holly at his head. A bouquet of roses growing out of his hands and he's looking into her window at her while she does dishes. That should finish the project Tils.

This message was edited Mar 1, 2008 12:38 AM

Excellent mapping sofer - well done, on both accounts (I am really chuckling over the image of the Michaelangelo infront of Tills house - uh-oh, here comes husband, he's heard me).

Steve you should start a thread for your animal stories because everyone would want to read them. Are you going to write a book?

Nice image of the David. I'll have to introduce Tills to my neighbor. He drove by my house yesterday in his old Royals royce. He drove slowly and was looking at my yard. The day of meeting approaches!...

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Ooooh. I'm excited to hear about first contact, Melissa. I do so want to meet two men with the artistic temperament of those two.

Nice touch, Steve. So Mary, what do you think? How would buddy feel with a naked guy in his memorial spot? Pretty good target for marking, methinks. He might like it!!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm moving
Laughing so hard I can't type,

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I had to take a break, LOL to Funny Sofer.

That I don't think will fly, HD will leave me, Neighbors will shun me ( what am I saying I have none) Buddy will roll over in his grave, And my house will lose what little value I have in it, And NO Pix, I don't want to met your neighbors.
I need to go to bed
One nice thing to say to you Sofer, good job on the dog.

And another thing I wanted to tell you, Is my Lab Ester is all the way back to herself, running and jumping again, being what she was before she got hurt.
And you kinda help in that.
Thanks
Tills

Oh, pooh, tils - DH would love it - and the grand kids!!

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

No book for me because Herriot out did any author. I might do a 'Walden's Pond' from the room of a veterinary hospital. Not now too busy working and gardening. So if I ever get to be lazy then I will.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I found a plant in a cat. that I was thinking might look good in the front of the windows as the focal point. A weeping 'Pussy Willow' Does any one know more about this plant than what I read? I know Buddy would like it, something saying I'm here.
And definitely not a naked man, my nearest neighbor has a wooden 'Tas' carving at the top of his drive. I have a carving at the end of my drive of to bear cubs. I dont think Michelangelo would fit in. and besides that, I Think my DH could do better even with clothes on.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

This is the pic. out of the Cat.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Good question. How DO you get a plant out of a cat and why would you want to?

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

A catalog.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

HHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I thought you would like it, Its is hard to get anything out of a real cat. They don't mind much anyway.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

:-)

It is pretty, Mary. I love pussy willows.

Do you know how big it's supposed to get and how much heat it can take? Also, willows generally like the soil pretty wet year-round.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

This is a good spot, and good soil, while digging everything up, I found some big earthworns If they stretch out would be almost a foot long. and it only gets to 7' with a 6' spread depending how you train it.
I posted a tread on it. it was real cool. check out the Rhody's video
http://www.freeplants.com/weeping-pussy-willow.htm

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

Tills - these have a tendency to sucker, so try to get one that is grown on its own roots. I think that's what the guy was trying to do - own root plants.
Grafted plants can be a real b**ch...
Rach has one - ask her about it.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I just talk to Heidi, she has one of a diff. verity ( spelling) checking on it for me. But I think its so cool. and even if they do sucker, I can maintain it there.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Then if you want a statue that won't sucker put the "thinker" out there. You could have him sitting on a African drum and have the weeping pussy willow tree for his hair. No exposed manly issues so your DH won't be worried. Then have a bird feeder down where he is looking and they could be his focus. Next have a hummingbird feeder under his chin so the hummers can buzz under his armpits. You then could if DH is worried about body structures place a yew behind him and have the topiary cut to clothe him in what ever style you want. Just think a Harley jacket, or a Seattle Seahawk tee shirt. Now the coop de gras would be a roll of toilet paper just for interest next to his hips. LOL
http://www.statue.com/the-thinker-statue.html

Tils - I think the idea of the weeping willow is lovely - love the light shining through the catkins - good idea to check with Heidi - but I also think if a plant catches your imagination it is a great point to start.

Sofer, I think you are imbibing a bit to much of that glacial run-off.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I had no Alaska Amber or any other brew. I am just trying to get Tills to get some more culture and have her husband be excited about it too. Well I guess she could just go to 'SAM' for a taste of the finer side of the culturally diverse.

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

Personally, i like the whole scenario, particularly the TP. As a matter of fact, I need to install a roll or paper towels on one side of my monitor - it would facilitate cleaning the screen when i am reading steve's posts while drinking a beverage!
I should know better after a couple years to avoid reading your Montucky Musings with a mouthful!!!

Oh! EWWWWWWW (spluttering tea across the screen!) I'm going to work - at least I get paid for the ewwwwieness.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Sof. As far as getting my DH excited about a statue good luck. But you do have quite the imagination. But the 2 that you have mention I like the Thinker and it fits me in a way, I'm always setting and thinking what do I want to do here and there, And then I post a tread for help and I get more than I asked for, to laugh so hard I almost had a accident, but at lest I didnt spray tea on my monitor, LOL And still laughing at just the mental pic of it.
I do have culture, But mine is more native, If I could afford it I would have a Large Eagle carving at my door step. or a totem pole made of my ancestors Spirit guides.
I got a good deal today, one good thing about working at Big Lots, I got a $80.00 ardor for $35.00 it was missing its hardware to put it together, no problem DH can do that.
Laurie you are right, Patients is the virtual, eye catches plant, then other things fall into place.

A totem of the spirit guides would be a stunner - especially with a good stump for Tils in the thinker pose (with a cuppa tea, unspluttered!)

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I'll have to work on that, Sounds like my cuppa tea, after Rach's on Sat I still have 2 days for me. thought I'd go see Heidi on Sun and see about the Willow and some Silver Litrope if Pixy didn't get it all. I was thinking of them mix with the Hells under the willow, with my Iris setosa under the windows as the back drop they die to the ground in winter and in summer they are 4' high.
MMM I don't think this is the right pic.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Yes it was. And some of Pooch's Lilys, Starting to get a good pic on it now.

Don't you love the way things evolve in your mind - I just love that process.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.