AARGH! One stupid screw - frustration!

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

All I wanted to do was put in a new towel bar to pretty up the bathroom. The first screw came out of the old one easily with my handy-dandy portable screw driver and two hands to lift it. The 2nd screw would not budge. Nothing I tried helped and my arms got too tired to continue. It is a good thing I couldn't find a hammer or there might be a hole in the wall right now, haha, as IF I could swing a hammer. Grrr, I just want to be able to do these little things without asking for help. I hope it is okay to vent here. So I had to ask DH for help, sucker came right off, Grrrrr!

Moss Point, MS(Zone 8b)

Cathy that scenario is familiar to us all from time to time, even before we got our health issues. You probably made DH feel good about being needed.

I still struggle with a manual can opener because I don't have adequate counter space. Last week, I ran it through the dishwasher and didn't use it for several days. I was in the middle of cooking and when I tried to use it, it was seized up. Rusted and wouldn't budge. I turned the stove off and went looking for the machine oil. I've bought no telling how many cans of WD40 and those little squirt cans and couldn't even find a can with fumes in it. Then I had the brilliant idea to use cooking oil. I applied it about four times and wiggled the gadget many times over a period of almost two hours. Finally had success. By then I had lost the urge and satisfied myself with a peanut butter sandwich. Always something. Yes I know how you felt.

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

Thanks for understanding, I feel like I've had a hug.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

And my DH doesn't understand that a PB sandwich is an adequate dinner!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.