Today's Weather in Your Garden - 13

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Another.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Ahhhhh - going for a walk on the beach in the winter!!! Oh, I for got I have a beach near me but, I would need snowshoes to get to it. It's on the Hudson River and it's not very many feet long so I'll go back to dreaming of a walk on the beach at the ocean - Ahhhhh!! Eleanor

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

There were about 25 cars in the parking lot pirl. Don't forget the TWA flight 800 memorial is here too and people sometimes go during the weekend and their days off to visit the memorial as well.

Interesting victor... I wonder why they form like that...

The beach today, without 5000 umbrellas and 10,000 people! ☺

Thumbnail by WaterCan2
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I doubt I've ever seen even 100 people at the beach even at the height of tourist season. Maybe they prefer the vineyards.

19 and mostly clear here.

29, almost no wind and clear but not sunny yet. So much of the snow melted!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Sunny and 12 here but should reach to 40 today!! We have a snow storm coming in tomorrow night into Wed. and another one coming in on Friday. It will be a while before the snow melts and mud season hits. However, I am determined to be prepared for mud season and will have flowers on my feet while stomping through it! What do you think about these???
http://item.express.ebay.com/Flower-Stripes-Garden-Mud-Riding-Rubber-Rain-Boots-8_W0QQitemZ310007701230QQihZ021QQfromsoiZ1QQcmdZExpressItem

I doubt you'd ever lose them. Happy looking gardening boots.

Think I've seen a few guys wearing them in NYC.

Long ago I had a pair of gardening shoes that neighbors referred to as my "duck feet" since they were yellow (even though ducks are pictured as having bright orange feet) and when they finally gave in to the abuse I duct taped them to hold them together. It didn't work well.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Sunny to partly cloudy. Very little wind and 21 degrees. Should have more melting today then another rain/snow mess here tomorrow and wed.

Tomorrow more snow. We are in the 6" plus zone. I think Puxatawney Phil should be shot. Well maybe put on probation if he keeps this up. This is like the movie
MISERY.

Boots.......... um.......... The bottoms are flat.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I figured I'd give the neighbors something to giggle about!

Pirl, my next door neighbor is a red headed woman who is almost 6ft. tall and she wears a pair of bright yellow crocs out to garden. She said she wore them to the store one day as she was to lazy to change them before going. As she was coming out of the store she heard a teenager say "Look! There goes Big Bird!!"

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

OUch! She must have a good sense of humor to be telling that one!
I just wear muck boots since I take my shoes off in every indoor space. Dirt driveway and I hate to clean! I haven't heard any teens say how huge my feet look in them....not yet.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

3 sunny days in a row - wow! High of 37 for today.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

She has a great sense of humor. She told me to just call her BB from now on!! LOL

Good story and a good sense of humor.

South Hamilton, MA

Bright sun today (Mon.) Rain & snow predicted forTues-Wed.

Interesting tidbits. The sun's highest point in the sky for me now (today) is 39.64 degrees. This occurred from 12:05 to 12:13 - most people assume it's the highest in the sky exactly at noon. It's not true - due to a number of earth orbit, tilt factors. The sun hit due south at 12:09 today.

Thomaston, CT

Good observ., Victor. Today, the best sun hit the top of my head as I sat on the patio this PM for the 1st time since the Jan. thaw. It was glorious, & even my DH got out to sit & enjoy it. Tomorrow is supposed to be another wintry mix--where is spring?

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

nice pics WC - I love Smith's Point. Even in the summer, you don't get the craziness like you do at Jone's Beach. It's a shorter walk to the water from the car too. I think they did a nice job on the memorial.

33 and very overcast. Rain later.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Overcast, calm winds, 28 degrees. Wntery mix going to all rain later. Kind of gloomy day.

38, gloomy, rain coming later.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

7-12" of snow expected to start this afternoon into tomorrow.
28 and cloudy now.

25 degrees. Well Celeste we are in the same boat again! 6-12"

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Sherrie, we ought to meet in Portsmouth, N.H. someday. Your 1hr. 54 minutes or there abouts, and im 2hrs.13 minutes away from
Portsmouth.

Someday we can. It just started spitting snow here. They said it would not start till afternoon - grrrrrrrrrrrr

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh I didn't mean during the snow months, i'd poop my pants if I was 2 hours away and it started snowing! LOL
So if it's starting there, it should arrive here in about 3-4 hours I would think.

South Hamilton, MA

Weshould mainly get rain, just so it doesn't freeze afterwards.

We have a friend in Hollis ME. My DH said that we are going to go up there sometime to visit. I am not sure on the time he is planning to go. That could be a possible.

I go to Portsmouth I might bring DH along for the ride. He usually is the driver and I am the navigator. We get to where we are going and part ways for the time being.

I have not told anyone this..... Last summer we drove to NYC. I tried out on Who wants to be a millionaire. It was a ten minute test, 20 questions. I failed anyways, he drove and I was the pilot. We had never been to NYC. It was a 7 hour ride one way. We made it down and back in one day. The trip right into the city was flawless, all though I would NEVER do that again. I got a magnet for the effort........... ho hum.

Thumbnail by
Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

Light snow and temp is in the mid 30s. An overall grey day.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Sherrie thats cool! Even if you didn't make it, it was a trip to remember right? My DS & his GF want me to try out for "Don't Forget the Lyrics" but I can't sing! I know the words to most of the songs on the show so far, but you really need to have a voice that won't send people running & screaming!

Yes trip to remember. It was like 8 bucks for a small bowl of soup. DH and I just looked at each other and he ordered. He got the soup I got the crackers.

Kerhonkson, NY(Zone 5a)

Last weekend's weather in the Hudson Valley ... a waterfall near my house ...

Thumbnail by crockny

Lovely photo, crockny!

That must have been an exciting time, Sherrie. If you do it again bring sandwiches with you. How did DH like the soup?

Fourteen years ago we stayed at a hotel near the airport since we had an early flight and breakfast (juice, coffee, bagel for each of us) was $34.00 aside from the tip.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Nice crockny!

Pirl and Sherrie, thats a crazy price to pay!!

It's an easy way to choke on soup or breakfast!

Quacker Cracker - schicken want some grain not that stuff :-)

Thomaston, CT

Your trip was something special, Sherrie! I hate to go into NYC, too, even though my nephew & his wife keep inviting us--they live in Riverdale sec. of the Bronx, & that's not too bad to get to--about 5 yrs. ago my Cuz talked us into going to Westminster Dog Show--the hotel was so expensive, & the only thing that fit in the room, was the bed! You could just about close the door! Weather here is snow, mixing with rain--now it seems all rain--will probably get another wet cellar!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.