Today's Weather in Your Garden - 13

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

You have to give up something to get something!

My dad always put alcohol in his ears to get the water out after swimming.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Blond for DLST?

DLST??

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Day Light Savings Time for blond. (You have to give up something to get something!)

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Wasn't I just talking about my crazy ice adventures!

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Might have a new champ

Thumbnail by bigcityal

Whoa!! That's one crazy dude.

Yes - new champ! Almost hits the ground!

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Wow, that's crazy huge!! ☺

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Patti - I'm trying hard to rally! When are you arriving on Sanibel?

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

You've got an award winner there, Al.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

your welcome Louise

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Very bright sunshine and blue skies. Looks a lot nicer than the 20 degree reality. No wind and should climb into the low 40s.

Around 30 and beautiful blue skies. I expect to hear the avalanche soon when the snow comes off the solar panels.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I've had 2 days of mostly sunshine and it feels soooooo good!!
Victor, I don't have solar pannels but I do have the avalanche! Been listening to it all morning, it's scaring the bee-geebers out of the dogs!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I forgot the weather..duh!

25 and SUNNY!!!!

28, sunny, blue skies, almost no wind and the snow looks so pretty on the evergreens.

Maybe all that sunshine is getting to you, Pixie.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes, almost made me dizzy Pirl!

Temp 35°, Wchill 27.9, Wind NW 7.1

Beautiful sunny day, very little snow melt here though, winds keeping it solid where it landed. Roads are clear though... I think I'll head out to Fire Island - just to take a peek! ☺

South Hamilton, MA

All sunny after 8-9 inches of snow yesterday. Pine needle mulch finished between snow storms this season. Rain & snow showers in prediction for Tues. Dear weatherman--IT HAD BETTER NOT BE A FREEZE! Many branches down over the winter, we are really going to play "pick up sticks" this spring.

That's a rough spring job - picking up sticks. Hard on the back for that early in the year.

WC - I'm thinking of going up to one of the beaches today.

Thomaston, CT

Sunny & 40--what's not to like--Donnie, get to the clinic--I developed a 6 week bronchial thing, & my husband went into pneumonia--he had to go on large doses of steroids to get better--my vet said he did, too---we prayed for 3 in church today, 1 who is in Ocala hosp. with pneumonia!

Temp 39°, Wchill 32.7°

Did you go pirl? ☺

Thumbnail by WaterCan2
Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Beautiful sunny day here in the north country. I think the temperature even got above freezing - I hardly ever look at the thermometer before I post. Eleanor

Pretty day here too. Lots of melting. Should be well into the 40's tomorrow.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

We had sun and 36, took the dogs for a walk, got the puppy up to 1 1/4 miles.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Yup, ROBIN - I'll be stopping by my doctor's office tomorrow AFTER I leave the gastroenterologist in prep for a routine colonoscopy (10 years late...gulp) Gross!! But the fever is back and I think it's time for an antibiotic, even though I hate taking them. I've got to get on top of this mess so I can see Patti without sending her back sick! - not to mention my friends who are here to visit us. I likely caught this in the doctor's office, so I guess I should return it! LOL

Ok, a different kind of bird today... a seabird! ☺

Thumbnail by WaterCan2
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Nice shot of Jonathan Livingston Seagull, WC! I see you did make it to the beach! Did you see Pirl????

I wasn't looking... I was too busy trying to stay warm! ☺

Thumbnail by WaterCan2
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

OMG WC - you have snow! Good thing you documented it. Nice shot from the beach. Did you see Pirl??? (love that line)

Got up to freezing today - took a few pics after working a bit.

Sunset

Thumbnail by bigcityal

Only the DH and DH (Dear Harry, the dog) saw Pirl today. I was too busy trying to arrange dahlia placement and still haven't finished.

Most of the snow is gone but it was a glorious day.

Nice Al, yep I got proof, I'm sure It will be all gone by the middle of this week! ☺

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Well, she said she was thinking of going to the beach today!!!! How many crazed gardeners could there be at the beach today besides WaterCan and Pirl.........LOL

No matter which of the 14 beaches I go to there are always other cars there. I can't be the only one who enjoys winter on the beach, right WC?

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

As a matter of fact, Pirl, I am also one who has been known to frequent a beach in winter.....even when we were still "up north" as they say here.....But I'm sure I would have run into WC....that's the way things work for me!! I once ran into one of my childhood best friends in an antique shop in NH practically in our back yard. We both made idiots of ourselves hugging and exclaiming....pretty embarrassing once we realized that there were other people around us. We spent the afternoon together and then he came back to the farmhouse and visited with me and my DH for awhile. Quite fun.

I seldom meet anyone I know up there. The seagulls should know me by now. I have to run from the car to throw them goodies so they don't mess it up.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Speaking from experience - better the car than you!!

Cool ice patterns hanging off the gutters.

Thumbnail by victorgardener

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.