Paint colors???

Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

Most of my house is "eggshell". That very neutral color people paint when they want to sell their house to someone like my husband, lol. He's a color-phobe. I had to wait til he was in Japan to paint my boring kitchen bright red! Since he's not going back to Japan anytime in the near future, he's going to have a say in the color selection.

My problem is I have a living room and dining room that are open to each other, the entrance is on an angle and I could easily paint each room a very different color and I wouldn't have to switch in the middle of the room. I'm thinking of a dark khaki/olive greeny color in the living room. I have a horrid burgundy porcelain fireplace (eventually will be stone-tiled) in there and a taupe sofa sectional. Other than that...

Dining room has built in corner china cabinets. Both rooms have original wood floors and coved ceilings. What color could I paint my dining room to make it really POP?

This thread has 27 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!