My jade vine is finally in bloom

mumbai, India

Hi All

Am new to this forum although i have been visiting Dave's garden and lurking about this forum for a while.

I joined in because i had to share the great news. My Jade Vine ( Strongylodon Macrobotrys ) has flowered. I planted it two years ago and i have to say the wait was worth the while.

Astrid Rao

This message was edited Sep 1, 2008 6:28 AM

Thumbnail by npgardener

That is just stunning. I planted one here last summer so I guess I'll have to wait a while for those beautiful blooms.

Wow! heard about it ...read about it ...seen pictures of it ...only a dream for me ...congrats you must be tickled pink! it is just as lovely as it's legend.
chrissy

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Hello! Awsome blooms :*)

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Aloha and welcome np!
Your Jade vine is just gorgeous! Congratulations, and thank you for posting the picture.
Please don't lurk, jump right in and join us, we would all love to hear about your garden and the things you grow in India.
Jenny

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

YES!!! Tell us what you grow...and who you are...EVERYthing!...well, most of it, anyway....lol

Mine is starting too....we must be on similar latitudes!!!

Carol

mulege, Mexico

That is gorgeous. Thank you for posting the picture.

katiebear

Chickenville, FL(Zone 9a)

That's really gorgeous. How tall/big is your vine and do you do anything special with fertilizer etc.?

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Namaste, and welcome to TG! Do the blooms have a scent?
~Jaye

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

WOW! That's amazing! Please, show us more.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

wow those blooms are an awesome color!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Npgardener - Congratulations! Your patience with that beauty was well worth it. Thank you for posting such a beautiful picture! Like the others, I would like to encourage you to jump right in and join all the conversations... we all like to hear from other parts of the world! Welcome!!

Yokwe,
Shari

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

That is one fantastic flower, it looks huge. How big is it? Tell all about it and your other flowers and plants and about yourself.

london England, United Kingdom

Welcome! What a beautiful flower, thankyou for sharing.

Maple Ridge, BC(Zone 7b)

Congrats npgardener !
We have one in the back garden but it has been fussy for the two years its been there ( Santa Maria Mindanao) . Notoriously fussy , we are perhaps too low-elevation for its likes but its in a sheltered spot and hasnt gotten any worse, just grumpily slow responding. If you can get the red jade too, its a lot less fussy and they complement themselves well. ( Red isnt a true relation) Our red is in the general area of the green but has no tantrums and is heading for the trees.Having seen the green growing in the botanical gardens higher up the mountains, they are spectacular if you have some vertical height to allow the blooms to droop. One thing though, in the wild they are an ant magnet and those ants have real "attitude" when you inspect the Jade too closely hehe.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Solarbear, ants are a problem with just about everything I grow. If people left this little rock in the middle of the ocean, ants would cover the whole thing in about 3 days!!! Does Mindanao have similar problems with the #%$# little beasts?

Maple Ridge, BC(Zone 7b)

Yes ants , ants and more ants,....its incredible hehe !

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.