Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Nightfire

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Sweet Pink

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Cat - what's your address again? I think I'm going to hijack and 18-wheeler and head on over to your place with a crew and some shovels at night!! ;) Muy bonita!

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

All beautiful pics, Cat! I just love your Buff Beauty - good thing my tax money should be here this week, so I can order one ;-) (or more, lol)

karen

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Your Rosalind is exquisite; why don't I have that one???????

Midnight Moon knocks my socks off too.

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow Cat,
All are so beautiful! I am so glad I could help you a little ;-) I love the Black Voodoo! Still one of my very favorites.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Black Voodoo sure is pretty! I wonder now why I didn't put that one on my spring order list! I'm not allowed to add to my list right now though, so I'll have to wait and maybe get it next year. I'm loving Amber Suzanne and Blueberry Thrill too!

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Here's the breakdown:

ROBERT;
Black Voodoo
Blueberry Thrill
Evangeline
Hot Bikini

MATT;
Amber Suzanne
Etoufee
Buff Beauty
Midnight Moon
Sweet Pink
Nightfire

HVH;
Rosalind
Margarita

Alice, I can't believe you don't have Rosalind. It is a must! Midnight Moon never ceases to amaze me. Each bloom is prettier than the previous one.
Liz, you need to get Black Voodoo and Blueberry Thrill. It may not be available next year....I mean, you never know.
Karen, You definately need Buff Beauty, Midnight moon and Black Voodoo! But, you are so much like me, that they are probably already ordered and ready to go, lol!

College Station, TX(Zone 8b)

Amanda, we're close enough, I'll co pilot and act as watchout. lol

Anne

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Hey dont forget about me. If we can coax the guard dog and cats away for a while.
Hey Cat,
Do the kids like anything special to get their attention away from us Hibiscus Freaks? LOL

Tulsa, OK

Cat - how'd the visit to Matt go - any exciting pictures for us? Course I know it'll really just eggon the other hibbie freaks but...

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

I'm so envious, all of you posting such eye-appealing blooms in winter..... (They ARE gorgeous) Amanda, best be givin that driver my address, you don't have room for ALL of them;) I still have room in the basement (after I move a few things) and plenty of growing space outside....... I did have twin blooms on my new Nanette Peach (from Matt last Fall) growing in the diningroom, last week. She's so precious, the blooms remind me of an orchid. They last at least a couple days, too! She's more pinkish than peach, but that may change IF it ever, I mean WHEN it warms up and she can play outside. Cherry Cola has some new buds and I'm dieing to see a bud on Hot Ross. Nightfire seems to be slower growing, but I'm a patient addict. lol
That Sweet Pink is working on me.

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Ok, let's see - so it's AuntAnne, Robert, AuntB and me on a hibiscus conquest of Cats yard! Did I get everyone?! :)

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Don't forget me B, I want Voodoo and Blueberry Thrill and Nightfire and... well just all of them. I'll kick dh out and put them on his side of the room. I have to keep my side so I can lounge around and look at all the beauties.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Cat your hibs are to die for. Great pictures.

Well AuntB, you have more flowers than I do right now. I had snipped and pinched mine to shape the bushes so the only hibiscus flowers around here are those on my Trader Joe's grocery bags. I had to drive several hundred miles to get to TJ's so it is a good thing he has fancy bags.

Thumbnail by ardesia
San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

Hey Amanda, don't forget me & Liz here in California!!

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

"Matts Visit" to be posted after American Idol elimination, tonight :)

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

And just to make sure you have Karen & me on the right list...we're interested in being on the list of people who are going on the hibiscus raid, not the list of people whose places are being raided! LOL

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Oops, I forgot to send you all my new address.
1234 Hibiscus Drive
Jacksonville, Illinois
Roflol!

College Station, TX(Zone 8b)

yeah right!! lol

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Oh pretty bags from Trader Joe's! So what kind of hibiscus do they have at Trader Joe's Grocery that you would drive hundreds of miles for??? ;)

LOL, I used to shop at one near my son's home in VA and he moved so now I have to drive all the way to Charlotte for a TJ's. Just groceries, no hibs. :-(((

(Actually, I just happened to be in the neighborhood and my car brakes for TJ's.)

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Ha ha, you guys crack me up!! Alas - the leaves are coming in flushes now, woohoo!! Had nothing but twigs outside for the last month and a half, but they're all sprouting new growth! AuntB - what's your addy again? I'm going to send you some fresh cuttings of those you asked for. The Cairo Peach and Brilliant weren't even bothered by the winter, no kidding!

I found the same thing Amanda, Cairo Peach ought to be called New Jersey Peach or something, it is very cold hardy. All those I have in the ground have sprouted new leaves and wouldn't you know we have another cold front coming through Wed. evening.

Pink Frost, Persimmon and Black Dragon made it through the winter outdoors in containers and hardly lost any leaves. They are not among my favorites and I decided to let nature take it's course but they have done fine in spite of my abuse.

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Ardesia - you're right about that!

About the cold front - if yours are in the ground you could wrap them in a blanket that is soft on the inside and has a plastic backing (like a cheap tablecloth). That should keep them pretty warm. My father-in-law does that for his and it keeps them looking like they've not been touched.

Black Dragon did well, eh? Wow, that's interesting.

The one thing I'm longing for again is - BLOOMS!!

Katy, TX

What I use to do is go around after Christmas when they are nearly giving those away and stock up on them. They are perfect and you can ever sew them together if you want.
Gene

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Ardesia, may I ask why Black Dragon isn't a favorite? I'm thinking of getting one. Robert said his like a.m. sun and filtered in the p.m... I'm just wondering, I hope it is really dark maroony, not purpley.. I've seen pics on the web of different colors...

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I love mine, I think it's gorgeous. Mine's not at all purpley, definitely a nice maroon color. I've hear that it and Dragon's Breath (which is a similar color) are a little more finicky than some other hibbies, but mine have been fine so far with the same care as the rest of the bunch.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.