Anyone Going to the Flower Show in Hartford,CT Next Weekend?

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Here is a link to the information on the show. http://www.ctconventions.com/events/event_page.php?event_id=88 Admission is $ 14 and they will test 1/2 cup of your soil for free. I know some of us went last year - I went to Fla, instead. Is it worth the $ 14?

Thumbnail by AYankeeCat
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I wish I could but im on duty next weekend....off today and tomorrow. I'd like them to check my soil just out of curiosity.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

Grr. i wish i could, but next weekend is just impossible schedule-wise. Well, maybe Saturday in the daytime, but i have a focus call at 5pm.

Those who went last year - was it worth it? Or should I just save up for Boston?

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

If you go, you'll have to say "hi" to my friend Pamela who is the editor of Connecticut Gardener !
:-)

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Cat, I'm planning on going. When you going up?

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

I'd love to go too. Especially since I'll have my son with me this weekend. Need a lift Cat?

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I'm looking at Saturday. A friend of mine is giving a seminar at 12:30

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

I went last year with my sister and the answer to whether it is worth it is....

All depends.

She wants to go this year. I don't. She enjoys the landscape displays, statues and outbuildings. I'm focused on the garden I have planned this year. I would rather take the $40 or so it will cost the two of us to go and buy an earthbox. She thinks $40 is a nominal cost for a day she will enjoy.

We're spoken about if we will go a lot......

I could go on Saturday! Could we all meet up somewhere inbetween and just take one car? Parkign is $8!

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

When are y'all wanting to leave, and when did you want to head back? i have a focus call here in New Haven at 5, and i have to be mentally prepared, so i'm not sure if it is a good idea for me or not...

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I was thinking being there from noon to 4 or so but I would be happy to move that up earlier & meet you guys. Harper, you approach Hartford on 84? I don't know a good meeting place that way. We could meet at the Capitol. Or exit 24 on 91 is a good spot.

I definitely want to go. It is supposed to be bigger than last time I went. David, last year was it at the new convention center?

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

There might be a possibility that I can't come. My son has been invited to go swimming with a friend 'tentatively' on Saturday, but I haven't heard from his mom. I'll call him tomorrow.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Tell him it is too cold!!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

I would use that excuse, except it's an indoor, heated pool.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

The weather looks like it may still be iffy - and i am a wimp.
Especially since i have to be ready to go call a focus at 5.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

It's beginning to look like me & you Cat.

Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

Dave47....not sure...it was at downtown convention center last year. That the new one? Been away from here for a while.

My sister thought it was at some center north of town. It wasn't.

Dave, now I've got an issue! I got a phone message from a friend here who wants to go. So we would be coming through New Haven to get to Hartford and I'm sure one more would just be the merrier - but that is up to you. I will call her later this morning and try and figure out what she wants to do.

Windsor, CT(Zone 6a)

I think last year was the first time at the new convention center. It was a huge improvement over the Expo Center. Parking is easy, it's bigger, easier to get in & out from rt 91. Generally I give the Hartford Flower Show a B- rating. It's not nearly as good as Philly or Boston, (with alot of junky/odd vendors pushing salsa, gutter guards and photographs?) but if you're pining for the growing season, it's a welcome tonic for the senses. And I like the hokey floral competitions!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the update, Ned
Cat, I wouldn't want to interfere.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

Hi Ned!
i don't think i know you, but you should definitely drop in on the "What's in a Name" thread here...

amy

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Yup. I can't go. Sorry friends! have a great time!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.