Ugly socks

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

I was looking for a yarn source on the internet and found this simple knitting machine pattern for socks.

Now I have made quite a few things, but never socks, so I thought I would try. I usually make my own patterns. This one had no stitch and row gauge, no type of yarn used, and only the tension to go by, so my first sock would have fit a size 25 aaaaa foot. LOL

So I did a little modification and came out with these.
DH said they were really ugly. But after finding out they were "women's" socks, he thought they were ok. (relieved that he wouldn't have to wear them)

The reason I have never made socks is that they are pretty labor intensive for a machine, and most could be hand knit as easy. These were not too bad. About 25 minutes to make a pair, then about an hour of kitchner and seaming.
I made 10 pair of ugly socks in the past two days. (something to do when it is zero outside)

Thumbnail by cpartschick
This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!