A neat wash

I found this wash lined with Arizona sycamores at the base of a National Monument in Camp Verde Arizona. Wonderful area because desert meets riparian here. I liked the way the natural allée was created. Really a rather peaceful setting with the sycamores lining the wash as they did.

Thumbnail by Equilibrium
Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Equil, really liked your photo of natural allee. The sycamores must be native, but I don't remember seeing them when I was in AZ many years ago.

Donna

Yes, they are native but depends on where you are traveling in AZ as they have specific cultural requirements that wouldn't exactly be able to be met in the Sonoran Desert.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

I'll try to add to the 'peaceful scenes' theme. First - from my window the other night.

Thumbnail by victorgardener

A favorite hiking spot.

Another.

Last one. This is from Virginia.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Equil - what a great shot! Thanks for sharing and noticing the natural allée. The stark white trunks are quite something. Are you still on your vacation?

The shot from a technical standpoint wasn't so great but from the standpoint of it being the area where desert met riparian it was impressive. The contrast if vegetation on each side of the allée was something one doesn't get an opportunity to see all that frequently. Thanks for noticing growin. We've been back for almost a week now which is why I'm able to post photos. Can't do that without being at my desktop computer.

Victor, wonderful landscapes! I can steal them all for desktop wallpaper! Great photos you shared as always. I particularly like the night shot for now but will use your summer waterfall and autumn shots when summer and fall roll around again. I've had this grasshopper on my desktop for a while staring at me and it was time to get some fresh wallpaper for my computer.

Thanks!

I'm looking at your nightshot right now! Way cool.

My wife said it reminds her of a nativity painting.

I don't know what it reminds me of but I like it and I don't know how to take photos in the dark like that with an automatic camera. I think it's one of my favorite photos of yours.

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

Beautiful scenes.

Thanks. It was set on manual and was a 20 second exposure.

I don't know how to use manual settings. Wish I did but I don't. Probably why I don't have any night time photos.

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Victor wonderful pictures, I would love to walk in any of those places, especially the creek or woodland trail areas.

Donna

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Real trees.

Thumbnail by Resin

I love the ferns in the understory of your photograph Resin.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

trying to think on your photo zen. I have some - not wash related(whatever that means.LOL)

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I had this one on my desktop a while

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

zen ripples

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Nice shot for gray winter days

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Spot the dinosaur.

Thumbnail by Resin
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Couldn't find it.
Is it 'Trying not to be seen?"LOL

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Victorgardener I want to go hiking with you. Such spectacular settings! Thank you for the taste of perfection.
Resin the Dinos don't exist in that photo because the puzzle trees are intact all the way up to the top. You think we have trouble with deer can you imagine the trouble Neanderthal had with the Dinos. I think man began as a gatherer and got pis... and became a hunter out of sheer anger.
Al I love the water droplets with the trees. It looks like what I see when under a microscope I see Amoebic dysentery.
This is one of my favorites at Arboretum in Seattle. The base of a Parrotia.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Big c al, great photos, especially the tree, bubbles very good

Resin, dinosaur is trying to eat the lovely monkey tree.

Steve I can understand why that is your favorite photo, very nice coloring and interesting laid back tree trunk

I have a Cercidiophyllum magnifica pendula growing in the corner of yard with a clematis alpina Willie, planted near to grow up into the tree. I'm not sure I have a photo, if I do will send it along.
Donna

I don't think I've ever seen raindrops that were reflecting the trees so well before. That is really neat!

And resin, we spotted the T-Rex outline by blurring our eyes and letting the shape appear. Kinda neat. Wouldn't have picked up on that formation of trees if you hadn't said something. Sort of like looking up to the coulds and seeing dinosaurs.

I'm a bark person, I love interesting bark. Parrotias always have such great bark and the one you photographed is particularly representative of cool bark.

Thanks Steve - would love to hike with you if you're ever nearby! I'll be sure to show you the invasives I planted along the trails (just checking if Lauren is paying attention.)

Here's another:

Sorry - didn't realize it was so big.

Trying to see if I'm my toes eh? Too bad I know you would never do that!

Oh, that's really neat. Now next time you visit that area you should take a photo that is horizontal so that those who want to steal from you can do so!

Here's another. Can you tell I love water??

That's a really good one too. Can you sit in it on a hot day or is the force of the water a little bit too intense?

Depends - if there has been a lot of rain, then it can be really strong. Otherwise, you can.

Those are the best kinds of falls. Quite a few like that up in the UP where you can just hang out and get soaked without getting carried away.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I like the time extended photo. It looks too cool for me to sit in. You bring the plants Victor and I'll bring the worms. LOL
I too love water.

Thumbnail by Soferdig

Thanks. That's a nice shot Steve - love the mist.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.