The Abbey Project!!!!

Graham, WA

I was given an opportunity that I could not pass up. Ray N. (the maker of the Beetles Bits cutting system) offered to make me a replica of a 1952 telecaster guitar out of MDF board to mosaic...how could I turn that down!!!! Well it arrived Monday!! Woo hoo..I am so exited about this project!!!!

I got my glass today and the Beetle Bits cutting system with the Flying beetle cutter to make my mosaic. I still have to get the beads that I want to go on it. I will be getting those next week.

I have 2 projects that Im doing that I need to finish before I can devote all my extra time to this guitar!!! I plan on using blue, yellow, red, orange and gold glass and tile on it. The guitar will be sealed with weldbond before I start.

If you guys are thinking about getting a cutting system to help you cut glass I definitely recommend this, its easy to use, I had it set up and cutting glass in minutes!!! The directions are real user friendly too!! Which really helps!!!

Here is the picture of the guitar and the template I made to hash out my design on. Im leaning towards doing it in a paisley design.

Thumbnail by chickeemama
This thread has 28 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!