Does anyone here work from home because of health issues?

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

I am currently off on disability (again) and my Dr.s want me to train for a work-at-home position, perhaps Medical Coding. I was wondering if any of you have any experience with things you can do to work at home? Or, if anyone knows about the field of Medical Coding and billing?

I'm planning to sign up for an online course as soon as I get my tax return. I have over 25 years in office work and administration and type around 90 wpm. Per the docs, they aren't going to release me to work with people anymore, and I don't want to go on social security disability. I have a rare primary immune system disorder and being "out of the bubble" makes me get sick :-( I have to have weekly 5-hour infusions and need to do something on my own time schedule.

Thanks in advance if anyone has suggestions or comments,

karen, who usually hangs out hibiscus-land

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!