Aero Garden

Harold, FL

I have seen the aero garden advertised on tv,does anybody know about this product.

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

Hi crazy, you can read about it here: http://www.officialaerogarden.com/default.aspx?adid=ggl1002.1&gclid=CO6aw_LxvJECFR8Ulgod32q4Cw

Added: Holy Cow, did you see the price? You can buy a whole lot of produce for over $150.00 plus shipping, and I don't believe it will grow much more than herbs in the space it takes.

This message was edited Feb 11, 2008 1:45 PM

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I'll bet you could jury-rig something similar for less - isn't it pretty much like an EarthBox with a gro-light? But I saw something like that at HD - it was still absurdly expensive, and I agree with Cathy. x, Carrie

Savannah, GA

I got an AeroGarden for my birthday last year. It really does work -- We have lettuce now, after our lettuce outside bolted months ago. Admittedly it is expensive, but the lettuce is yummy! I have enjoyed walking past mine and grabbing a leaf or 2 or 3 of fresh lettuce just to nibble on like a rabbit...!

I haven't tried them yet, but apparently you can get empty "pods" to put your own seeds into. Before the lettuces we had herbs which were okay, but the ones that did best were cilantro and both of us loathe that stuff, and 3 varieties of basil, which grows like weeds in the garden. I think next I'm going to try the "do it yourself" pods, or I may try the green beans next. It's truly ideal for those folks who live in apartment buildings with NO access to dirt at all, or for those who are truly house-bound.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Hmm. You could get a lot of lettuce for $150, but DH does the shopping, and he doesn't buy lettuce. Would he make it for me if it were growing in the kitchen? Who knows. It's still an appealing idea.... lettuce.

Savannah, GA

Put aside a dollar a day, if you can, and you have it in 6 months. 50 cents a day, and you have it in a year. Or put it on your "BIG wish list," which is what I did. DH saved up, and what a surprise!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Maybe there are other things I'd rather have. (CC paid off, college loans for kids disappeared, $$ for presents for kids....) Good ideas, though. I'd bet someone has one that they don't like, somewhere. I got a compostumbler off craigslist that way.

Savannah, GA

Good thinking! You're absolutely right about your priorities -- in the grand scheme of things an AeroGarden is a pure luxury. Who knows -- you might even be able to find someone here at DG who's not as pleased with theirs as I am. Good luck!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.