CLEANING A VIKING STOVE

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I'm embarrassed to say I just cleaned my Viking gas range REALLY WELL for the first time in 5 years. I've always taken out the pans around the burners, then the grate itself, and all the grates, drip pans, etc. for the grill. The griddle is hard to keep looking good, but Brillo pads now work better. I know about the "secret" drip pan that pulls out from under all the top areas, and regularly clean that.

BUT, I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the gunk between the edge of the stove and the black area that surrounds the burners. Well, today I figured it out. I just pulled REAL hard and the entire top part of the stove just lifted off, with a little hinge at the back that had to be lifted off!!! Wow....such a mess in those little crack areas had built up!

Just wanted to post in case any of you have this stove or are thinking of getting one. They really designed it well so that you can get to ALL of the gunk.

Now it's so clean I don't want to cook on it and mess it up...hahaha.

Now my question: When I got the stove, there was an ad for some "professional" stuff to clean the griddle that could be ordered online called THOR. Have any of you tried that? It's expensive, so I hate to order it without getting feedback.

Thumbnail by Connie_G
This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!