Very unusual for Februray here

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

This part of the world does not know [at least from history] it will be cloudy with a bit of rain during this month of February. Quite unusual. This is happening around the time when a big conference is going on in Tokyo on "Climatic changes". It is very murky out there as I post this. The birds and animals probably are confused. Human mind too, without their knowledge. We are tuned to a certain pattern of climate to which our bodies too adjust themselves. A storm moving around the peninsula is unheard of at this time of the year when winter has ended and in transition to summer months. On the contrary, the northern part of the country is reeling under severe cold and I have a trip to make next week to one of the colder parts just below the lower Himalayas. A place called Dehra Dun. Purpose is to play cricket - I am wondering if any play is possible with that hard cricket ball. Fingers could get blue and numb and trying to catch the ball during play could be a painful exercise!

I post a picture of a clear sky [taken about 3 weeks back of a copper pod tree opposite our house - now fresh green growth has arrived on those branches] here hoping such a sky will soon replace the murky weather - just a white cloud cover all over the city. There is also a slight uncomfortable drizzle that is not even dripping from the leaves. I type this as a hawk screams on the coconut tree and a great tit sings at a distance...... add this to the traffic noise -- the morning has begun. I just had my morning coffee.

Thumbnail by Dinu
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

I'm drinking my morning cup of coffee as I read this post 12 hours later and from the other side of the planet.

I just want to say how your writing transcends me. Are you a professional writer?

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Dinu, what were the temps there a week ago?
Sidney

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Sidney,
'll tell it in Celsius. Min. was about 19 and max was 28 or so. It continues to be that way and it is all set to rise higher for the summer in another two weeks.

It drizzled more after I posted that and went away to attend a program - group gathering which was under a pandal. The pandal began to leak the moderate drizzle putting the program into slight disarray. But luckily it subsided an hour later.

Greenbrain,
I'm not a professional writer. Writing here on DG also has transcended me! I've a great interest to write and a fair flair for it. I've tried my hand in various blogs - which if you are interested [mostly from my memories, childhood, and others] will be sent to you by e-mail. I've learnt so much here on DG in the last 6 years. I've tried to write a small story in my homepage - just click on my name here.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Dinu,

First, have you had your coffee? I'm drinking mine right now.

Yes, I would be interested in reading more. I'm more a reader than a writer; though more a talker than a listener. I like to talk about what I've read; especially if it's related to gardening. LOL

Betty

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Betty,
I'm the opposite -- I write more than I read, listen more than I speak! But when it comes to what I know, there will be a few words coming out of my mouth! Basically introvert. It's good that you share what you read. You use the knowledge the proper way.

D-mail your E-mail and I'll send them over to you.

Dinu

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

AND FOR MARCH TOO, I MUST COME AND ADD HERE.

Unseasonal rains on more than 6 days has resulted in bringing up blooms that would otherwise wait till the end of April or the beginning of May - which is the usual seasonal appearance. But now, see this, the football lily and also the cardwell lily - both are up. The day lilies came and went. If rains continue till the first week of April, then it is predicted that the south-west monsoon will fail. These rains have already damaged crops and have proved a great setback to farming. They are suffering heavy losses.

Thumbnail by Dinu
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Yes, here too. We've had some flooding due to heavy rains that caused some communities to evacuate. The ground is so saturated that the rain just runs off. Where was this rain last summer when we really needed it? Farmers have delayed planting because the ground is too wet. Sounds like we're experiencing the same weather pattern. I'm not so sure about plants blooming earlier. That trend has been going on for some years now. That's a very lovely photo. I'm finally buying a camera this evening, so I'll soon be posting photos also. I can't wait.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Will look forward to your 'new shots' with your new toy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.