Beetle Mania Mix/Freeze Dried Mealworms Questions

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

I just the Beetle Mania Seed mix on Petco's site. I was wondering if anyone has used it and had an opinion on it it???

Curious about the freeze dried mealworms also. Anyone feed them and which birds accept them??

Marlton, NJ

I;ve never tried the Beetle Mania Mix but the dried worms were a complete Failure with the birds at my place.

This message was edited Feb 6, 2008 2:28 PM

Lawrenceville, GA

Here, too, Pelle... my blues wouldn't go near the dried worms.
Nanny... I actually looked at that mix at Petsmart... I didn't see too much to it, honestly... What new kinds of birds are you trying to attract? So many of these "mixes" are hype... I think that might fall in that category. JMHO...

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

I agree with you judy! I think I do pretty well with my BOSS, peanuts & safflower and suet. Some sunflower chips from time to time.

I am just trying to anticipate what the summer birds might like to draw them in more. They seem to be more insect & fruit eaters. I did get an Oriole feeder. We saw Rose Breasted Grosbeaks & Indigo Buntings last summer and would like to attract them more this year. There are others that I can't think of right at the moment!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.