A few for today 2-6-08

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

OOPS Its the 5th. I am a day ahead. Here are a handfull of my favorites for today.

"QT Pie"

This message was edited Feb 5, 2008 3:33 PM

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Kiss Of Death

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

A huge

"Sun Kissed"

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

High Esteem

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Last but not least Maggie has gotten into the warm weather for today and my daughter dressed her up in denim daisy dukes and matching top LOL

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

Q-T Pie is stunning and MUST go on the list ;-)

But hands down, my favorite pic is of Maggie in her Daisy Dukes - how adorable!!!! You have got to submit that picture for the Pets category in next year's photo contest :-)

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Love that Kiss of Death! But I'm with Karen--my favorite for the day is Maggie in her little outfit, that is so adorable!

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Maggie wins! Sending you a dmail :)

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

OMG, that is adorable and the expression on her face is perfect.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

They are all great, but I love the shape, color and blue eye of Maggie. What a beauty.

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Maggiewants to thank everyone. I have a couple more that popped up today.

Bluebook

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Hello Dali

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Medicine Man

Thumbnail by Pizonne01
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Nice hibs, Robert. I really like Bluebook.

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

All three are beautiful, but I'd have to go with Blue Book and Hello Dali (love that name, lol)!

karen

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh my, Maggie is a girlie girl. So cute!!!!

I am trying so hard not to order any more hibiscus until I at least get the ones I already ordered. But you make it so hard, Robert!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Maggie is indeed a cutie, Robert!
OF those three Robert posted just above, I am proudest of Blue Book as a breeder . . and Medicine Man is wonderfully variable with seasons and seems always to be in bloom here. I wish now that I had saved the cute Hello Dali name for a more spectacular bloom . . something as unique as the painter was.

Here's a brand new one today, named by a friend who grew the seed. I might insist on a name change .. but he calls is Wild Skies (Remembrnce x Persian Rug)
peace,
Barry

Thumbnail by BarrysHibiscus
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I'll add my admiration for Blue Book--that one is especially gorgeous!

Bluebook really is cool. If you have a laptop you can tilt the screen back and forth and see all sorts of different variations on the colors. (I know, I am a bit wacko but it is fun.)

Wild Skies does sort of remind me of the evening sky before a storm; it has that smoldering mauve color.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Wild Skies is very pretty, but I want BlueBook and I want it now!!!!
Magnificent.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I had lots bloom in the last few days, shocking...I know, lol! I'm only going to post a few, cuz who needs to keep looking at the same ones, over and over again? (besides me, lol)

Allure -always worth taking a picture.

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Cherry Appaloosa.
I remember thinking this was a little flower, when I ordered it. Nope...it is the size of a dinner plate, and pictures cannot do it justice.

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I will never stop taking pictures of, or showing, Etouffee. She knocks my socks off, every time she blooms!

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Evangeline just started blooming this week. And now she is full of blooms :)

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Gabriel. Just gorgeous. Love her winter colors.

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Gator Pride is starting to bloom again. Always so beautiful.

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

High Voltage is blooming again, as well. Must be from the pruning right after summer :)

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

This is for Alice. I know her fav hib is June's Joy, so here's a double for you.

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Margarita started blooming as well. And she is going quite nuts, mind you.

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Mon Cher in all her glory. And, I just discovered that I have two of them, lol. That's what happens when I make a personal trip to Matt's. I go nuts and buy the same thing twice, without realizing it. It must be hibtimer's!

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Moonlight Madness (I think)

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Red Dragonette, finally looking like Red Dragonette.

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

first time bloom for Silver Memories. She is so delicate and her blooms are so thin, that no matter what direction I took the pic, I couldn't get a great one.

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

First time bloom for Sweet Pink. I'm really beginning to like the pinks.

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Time for magic. What more can I say...she is always magical!

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Wahini is also starting to bloom again. A shame, because I really need to prune her to thicken her stems. OK....I'll wait another month :)

Thumbnail by cat4gp

Thank you for that picture of the June's Joy twins. I have pruned all the buds off mine as I shape the bush and I was in a bit of JJ withdrawal. LOL

...and I love Wahini.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Reading this list is so therapeutic for me. Anytime my head starts getting too big for my hats I just look at the beauties developed by OTHER breeders here, and suddenly my hats all fit again.
Thanks all, and especially Cat.
Barry

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Folks liked the look of Bluebook . . so here's one of my favorite variations of it, in cooler weather. It does pass on intense colors and its babies can be more vigorous than it is. Not the fastest grower, but it will always be a favorite here.
(Wallflower x Atlantis)
If you wonder about the foliage . . this bloom is resting in some lemon-rose scented geranium near the porch swing . .

smiles to you,
Barry

Thumbnail by BarrysHibiscus
Tulsa, OK

Wow - I always love looking at the pictures you guys post - it always brightens my day. Cat - Sweet Pink looks HUGE - what size is that bloom? Barry - I'm really liking Bluebook - the colors are awesome!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.