Cally Lily Bulb/rhizome

Louisville, KY(Zone 6a)

I have a question...I purchased 3 bulbs this summer and they didnt bloom, they multiplied though, but they are only about the size of a quarter. Should I replant them now or store them, they are showing signs of roots again. I'd like them to get bigger so they will bloom, and I do have a greenhouse. I live in zone 6 so leaving them in the ground is not an option. Help appreciated!

I'm unclear as to why you dug them up now but in any event as long as you have a greenhouse I would pot them up and keep them growing over the winter. The warmer your greenhouse, the faster and larger they will grow.

Louisville, KY(Zone 6a)

WEll They were planted in a pot, and they had died back naturally, and I had hoped that they werent dead, so I checked on them. They arent dead, but I have read that they need a rest period. Is that only if they bloom?? Just double checking.

If they went dormant then indeed, I would let them rest for at least a month or two before trying to start them into growth again. You'll know when they're ready because they will start to sprout.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.