Wanted....X Pardancanda

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Does anyone have any seed or plants of X Pardancanda? Any colour will do.....

Thanks Lauri

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

hi lauri. seems like we traded a long, long time ago. didn't you live in the u.s.? lol. just wanted to ask you a question.....do you have access to aristolochia baetica seeds? and really to just pick your brain on international gardening. thanks. barb

Hey Barb,
LOL Yep it is me!!! I used to live in California and now here in England, I would have to look up what we traded......lol I do have a bad case of CRS.

As for the seed let me look I think I can find them at Chiltern seed and if I can I will get them for you in our next order....

Lauri

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

well how much do they cost you over there? and what do you need from the states? lol

i thought it was calif. but i remember reading somewhere that you had moved to england. is it wonderful? you were one of my first trades and i think i send you lycoris radiata bulbs. does that sound right?

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Sorry I sent you all the extras I had I could order you some more if you want.

Hi Barb,
I don't know what they will cost but if you want them I can get them for you.....LOL what I want is my heirloom cannas but that won't happen any time soon.

Lauri

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

well i have some canna intrigue seeds i could send but that's all i have. i did get some pink beauty last year but i sent them to a lady in the netherlands. but i could collect as many canna seeds as i can find this year if that appeals to you.

yes i want those seeds if you can get them. i can just pay you for them if i can't send anything. i was going to order some but from the co. that had them said i had to buy 2 packs...total with shipping was close to 40.00 so i passed. lol.

and if my candy lilies come back this year i can collect seeds for you from those but i didn't save any seeds last year.

OMG that is horrid on the shipping!!
How about we trade the aristolochia baetica seeds for some candy lily seed??

Lauri

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

lauri, we can do that. i have no reason to believe that my candy lilies won't return and bloom again this year. but if for some reason they do not i will do one of two things......i will trade for some or i will reimburse you for the seed cost plus shipping. your name is now on my wall. thank you so much for doing this for me.

anytime Barb...that sounds good to me...

Lauri

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Do y'all know how to tell a Pardancanda from a blackberry lily? The foliage is the same are at least my seedlings look the same right now. I got some pink blackberry seeds in a RRobin without any dg name that I could question. I have had very good gemination on these. I know there are pink blackberry lilies and there are pink candy lilies. So how do you tell which one you really have?

ohhhhhhhhh that is a good question....I'll ask Mark and see if he knows

Lauri

LOL Mark days he has no idea dear................LOL

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

I did some googling and most difference is the blackberry lily has the larger flower while the candy lily has more colors an maybe more blooms.

ahhhhhhhhhhh they would make a pretty combination in a bed...

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

oh cindy, i thought there was only yellow and orange blackberry lilies. bwaaaaaahaaahaa!! i want a pink one!!!!!!!! lol.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Remind me later when these are larger and I will send you a couple. I am wondering what they really are. I guess we will see when they bloom.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

o.k. i will. if i'm lucky i'll trade you an aristolochia baetica. lol.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

They are really a unique vine.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

does that mean you like it or just that it's unique? lol.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

It means I like it. Ha

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Lauri...there was a man that lives somewhere out your way that is really into orchids also grows Aristochlia

Sorry thats a bit vague but i don't know anymore about him.

Mike

Hey Mike,
Long time no see your posts. How are ya doing?

Thanks...........I'll have to check in to it , maybe Mark will know him....

Lauri

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Hey Mike how the son doing? Cindy

Hi Lauri, Just what i thought.... sorry i'm so vague on him but just one of those conversations i had at work when i bumped into him.

Cindy, hows that garden (small county) coming on? Have you got it all planted yet?
Thomas is fine...growing fast and seems to be better than he was... Hospital still has him in for checks but still no idea what causes the fits. But fingers crossed he hasn't had one for a while so well,,,, you never know.
Still think there must be crocodiles in that river of yours! heheh

Mike

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

I am getting a few plants going thanks to alot of seed you sent me. I am Glad Thomas seems to be improving. Maybe he will out grow it after all. I know you are really enjoying him as he is growing up.They just get better and better. Cindy

They just get louder! lol

Speak soon

Mike

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.