Popped up in the pot (Australia)

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Just wanted to share this pic of some really cute toadstools in a full sun position. Have had lots of rain and high temps, and humidity.

Thumbnail by weed_woman
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Very cute!

Chesterland, OH(Zone 5b)

They look like something out of Alice in Wonderland!

Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

very pretty!

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Thanks Pepper
Hey Shadyfolks, one makes you bigger, one makes you smaller! I don't reckon I'd take a bite!
Thanks Bonitin

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

Laugh :D Those are cute!

Coffs Harbour, Australia

I gave them a bit of personality

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

Thank you for that! I now have a new desktop. I've been studying for what feels like weeks now, possibly years, and really needed the pick me up. Thanks Weed_Woman :D

Thumbnail by Hyblaean
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Gidday Hyblaean, well I feel very honoured that you would chose a picky of mine for your screen saver! What are you studying, if I may ask?
Sue

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

Hiya Sue :) Nursing, and it depends on the day, if that's a good thing or a bad thing...
Julie

Coffs Harbour, Australia

I'm doing horticulture, but its not a very in depth course, although I'm in my third year, (one day a week) Which should qualify me to work unassisted in a nursery. Unfortunately, the nurseries don't want trained people, because it costs them more, so I really don't know what I'll do with my knowledge, except perhaps build on it. There is sooooooo much to learn!
I'm sure you'll make a great nurse. Me? I faint at the sight of blood and faint if someone describes things a little too graphically. Sad eh?
Happy gardening and nursing!
Sue

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Oh and Julie, good luck with your study as I know it must be pretty intense!

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

real intense today :) we had to drive to the clinical in 'winter mix' which is a nice way of saying driving snow and sleet combined- wish it were summer here!
I would much rather be studying horticulture. I know I'm not supposed to say that, but it's true.

Coffs Harbour, Australia

It has its moments, especially all the subjects to do with occupational health and safety, chemicals, and environmental units! I do a lot of yawning! Get me out to the nursery or into propagation and I'm a dynamo/sponge soaking up all the education I can! We have a nurses unit next to us, and all of them smoke cigarettes, which i just think is bizarre!

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

Laugh, it doesn't surprise me at all. :D I'd already quit, but I suck down gallons of coffee and Mt. Dew each day, so no favors for my body there. I don't exercise either... I feel like an absolute hypocrite doing teaching plans, but I think if I ever stopped, I'd sleep for weeks straight.
The idea of being in a nursery with all those plants and quiet and peace surrounding you! I now not only have zone envy, I've got place envy ;)

I am surrounded by gardens and greenhouses so I'm lucky. :~)

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

You are lucky Pepper!

Coffs Harbour, Australia

How did you manage that Pepper?

LOL. I used to volunteer where I work, I let it be known I wanted another job and I got hired 3 yrs later. I'm not an official gardener, just an honorary one. But I always ask questions and learn as much as I can.

The best part is I only live about 15 minutes away and don't have to fight city traffic.

There are also other *businesses* in the area that deal in gardening too.

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

Where are you working?

www.powellgardens.org

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

If their garden is 1/2 as pretty as their website, sign me up for a road trip!! ;)

We are having a Roundup about 15 minutes from there on April 19th if you are interested. The next day I am showing a bunch of DG members around there.

Here is a link: www.davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/801704/

This message was edited Feb 12, 2008 8:38 PM

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

Pepper, I would love to go, but am swamped with school for the next 2 yrs. Thank you for offering to include me though, that was very sweet of you!! I'll save the link to Powell Gardens and after I get settled in the real world, I'll have to take a few days off and travel around to all the pretty places I've found through DG :D I'll make sure it's during the height of Daylily season, so I get to see everyone's beautiful mountains of blooms.....or maybe Iris season...I don't have but a few Iris, and really that needs to be corrected when we have money coming in ;)

I may have a bunch coming late summer. Maybe sooner. I can send you some. We have a hill covered in irises and the guy who takes care of the hill thins parts of it out every year and gives them to us. I have plenty of irises now and may not need more though if I do I will get them thru MitchF, another member on here. :~)

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

Does MitchF have an online store? I would love some spare iris ;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.