AFTER photos for SW Florida small back yard Zone 10

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

This is a work in progress. I am having a tough time visualizing things for next year....Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I have had a really good time. Lots of work to do tomorrow & the day after & after that!!! But this is about half way... Look at the trhread below to see my before pictures. thanks again.

Thumbnail by terichris
Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Another photo. My father & I did this little patio so I could sit & watch my girls on the swingset.

Thumbnail by terichris
Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Another

Thumbnail by terichris
Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

And another...

Thumbnail by terichris
Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

And the last one.....Of course I just bought an Australian Fern tonight. It has to go somewhere!

Thumbnail by terichris
Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Oh my word, what a difference! It looks absolutely beautiful, what a lot of hard work you have put into your yard and I love the brick patio you and your Dad did, such pretty stone.
Keep us up to date on your further progress, you should be, rightfully, very proud of yourself.
Super!
Jenny

Great job Teri. I love the BOP where it is now.
The tree fern wants deepest shade and needs to be kept damp.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

The area even looks much larger, amazing how that works. By the end of this summer when the plants have filled out it will be a jungle, which is exactly what I desire. Sooooo pretty.

Christi

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks everyone. I was coached by Dutchlady. She had the vision where I couldn't see it!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Very nice! Isn't it fun sculpting jungles?

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Just today I took a tour and thought to myself: Randy could really do something with this much space.

LouC

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Christi,
I cleared out the brug forrest yesterday- I have more space ..woo hoo...saved you some big ones...

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I have so many wonderful things to look forward in my new life.

Kilikina

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

LouC- did you go to Hawaii yet? I am living vicariously through you!!! I love it there.
Terichris

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you. Leaving Wednesday, 13th. Very, very excited. Have never been out of the continental US. Actually going to Braveheartmom's home and AlohaHoya coming for 2-3 days. Feel as though I am in a dream.

Will be chronicholing (sp) every single moment.

terichris, I love what you have done with your space. It is so beautiful. It can only get better. Dutchlady is another artist that we are so lucky to have in our group.

LouC

Terichris, we want to see pics as the garden grows you know! You can't go wrong with Hetty's advice, she's a pro. I second Christi statement, we have such real life experts here, too many to name - you guys know who you are! I am quite humbled by some of the awesome gardens we have seen, especially those who push the zone envelope!
You guys are the best!

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

I have done a ton more since those pictures were taken! I had to move some things that were burning. Then my husband went out of town so I had to move quickly! I moved a couple trees around, ripped out some of the builders obligatory cheap stuff & made many trips back & forth to the nursery. He hasn't noticed yet! He calls every blooming plant or bush forsythia......He balked at the tree fern I planted. Said it was too small - just wait! I couldn't agree more about Hetty. She's like a fairy godmother! What a neat lady!

Have a great trip. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Teri, you have been to the Islands?

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yes, twice. Just loved it! We used to live in Scottsdale, AZ. We try to go to Europe every summer, but when we lived that far West we decided to go West instead. It is so beautiful. Cities are cities, but its the rest that is so wonderful. Alan Wong's in Honolulu is my favorite restaurant there if you get a chance! Halekalani is a beautiful hotel we stayed in for a few days in Honolulu. I was pregnant on one trip & I remember these mint lemonade drinks they made. Like a virgin mojito with lemons. Have a blast!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

We are staying with Braveheartsmom on Maui. Her gracious invitation. Luau on Valentine's just for a start. ooooohhhhh what joy.

Christi

Each of the islands is different, and each is beautiful beyond belief.
We all love our particular island better than all the others, and are very loyal to it! For instance the local saying here is "Maui, no ka oi" (Maui is the best)! LOL.

Looking forward to the pics of the garden now, Teri - Hint, Hint!

Redondo Beach, CA(Zone 11)

Very Beautiful, TeriChris!
You got the Giant Bird/paradise thing going on!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.