microfiber and freezing vegetables

Ffld County, CT(Zone 6b)

Hi guys,

I have a couple of questions and thought someone here could help me out.

First, this past fall I decided to try freezing some vegetables. I did lots of reading, and followed directions to a "t", including timing of blanching, etc. Now that I'm eating them over the winter, the taste is wonderful, but the texture leaves something to be desired. They are quite mushy.

Should I have dried them more, or let them dry, after blanching? All the directions said to package and freeze immediately after blanching, so I did! Any suggestions for next year?

Secondly, I am trying to find a microfiber mop. There are tons of them out there. My problem is, I don't like the huge size! I'm looking for one that is the same size of a standard sponge mop, maybe 8 to 9 inches by 2 to 3 inches. The smallest one I can find is about 17 by 4 inches. Why are they all so darn long? I can envision all the problems trying to do a quick mop of the kitchen with that big ol' thing!

Has anyone seen them on-line anywhere in a smaller size? Or has anyone tried using/converting a standard mop with a microfiber cover, and if so, how?

Thanks!
Dee
(who is feeling oh-so-uncharacteristically domestic after posting this!) :)

This thread has 23 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!