Calcium deposit causes?

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

I am scheduled for an annual dr appt in a few months but am apprehensive as just recently I have been developing calcium deposits on my knuckles. They seem to have popped up quickly. Currently there is no pain unless they get bumped.

The research I have done has brought me to two causes and I am wondering if anyone else has run into this.

One reference was to caffiene being the cause and I do tend to drink more coffee in winter.

The other one that came up a few times in searching was thyroid. I know the parathyroid can cause one to develop kidney stones. Oddly, I have had part of my thyroid removed and take a synthetic thyroid hormone but the lightest dose possible. I've never had kidney stones or difficulty with the hormone.

I take a multi vitamin but take no additional calcium. I do consume a fair amount of skimmed milk however.

Could it be I am sitting on DG too much? LOL

Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences to share? It would be appreciated. pod

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!