DAILY PICS Vol. 59

Melbourne, FL

Spent a little more time outside this afternoon. First shot is a tree full of Cowbirds.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Lots' of Cowbirds at the feeder.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

The first Goldfinch I have seen this year.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Female Cardinal.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Male Cardinal.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Blue Jay.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Loved all of the pics! They are beautiful! Lily - so sorry about the storm and thank goodness there was no severe damage! Eleanor

Danvers, MA

I don't think I have ever seen a Sandhill Crane. Nice Shots.

I love looking at everyones bird shots...especially the birds that we don't have around Mass.

Lily, Sorry to hear about your picnic table, but good news is if you leave the tree there, it makes good shelter for your little friends. :)

Marlton, NJ

Susan,I'm glad their wasn't any serious damage from the storm for you.

Very nice pics GP!

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Couple more of the House Finch

Thumbnail by nanny_56

HF

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

How nice to see a Sandhill Crane. Never seen one in "real life".
Same for the Scrub Jay. They're very pretty!

This isn't a great shot (out the car window), but there were about 25 Robins on this lawn down the street late this afternoon. We hardly ever have them in our yard, so I snapped a couple of pics. :)

Great photos everybody!
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Lily, so glad your safe, and that the tree didn't do more damage then it did.

I really like the shots of the house finch with the grayish background Nanny.

Hebron, KY

Great pics everyone!

Marilyn

Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

When the ice fog finally dissipated today, the trees were coated with hoar frost, against a clear blue sky. An excellent back ground for bird pictures. These are a few shots from this afternoon. A male Pine Grosbeak.
Gary

Thumbnail by Grasmussen
Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

I chased this Pine Grosbeak for six city blocks, trying to get a few more pictures. When, I got close enough for pictures, he was in too heavy shade, eating sunflower seeds, on the side door steps, of a house. I quit for the day at that point.
Gary

Thumbnail by Grasmussen
Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

A close up cropped out of the above shot. The wispy hoar frost against a blue sky sure make the Grosbeak stand out.

Thumbnail by Grasmussen
Hebron, KY

Super pics Gras!

Marilyn

Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

A European Starling.

Thumbnail by Grasmussen
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

sure does Gary, love the details of the frost also.

Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

A lone Bohemian Waxwing was cleaning up a few crap apples left behind, after a flock of several hundred stripped the tree, a few days ago.

Thumbnail by Grasmussen
Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

Whew! I'm gonna be a long time catching up! Loving what I've seen so far.

We lost power Sunday, and as soon as it was restored Monday, the phones went. (we're on dial up) We've had snow every day for a week, and report says another week of it. I've never seen so much or such long lasting snow! I really think I prefer the rain.

Here's a Green Heron. I got this shot off and then he headed into the tree and out of sight.

Thumbnail by tigerlily
Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

At my families in Roseburg, this Flicker let me get some shots through the window. Not bad for a gray day shot I suppose.

Thumbnail by tigerlily
Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

an unexpected visitor in my backyard! this northern shrike took a good look around the feeders this afternoon

Thumbnail by ritapg
Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

and while i'm at it, here's the picture of the northern saw-whet owl that spent the day in my big tree the other day.

Thumbnail by ritapg
Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

This Varied Thush has been around for a few days now, and I had Bandtail Pigeons yesterday. It's very early for them.

Thumbnail by tigerlily
Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

The White-breasted Nuthatch is still in the same cedar tree each morning. A couple days ago, I discovered there was a pair of them

Thumbnail by tigerlily
Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

Another of the WbN.

Thumbnail by tigerlily
Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

Always a favorite, the ever present Spotted Towhee.

Thumbnail by tigerlily
Marlton, NJ

Wow This place was rockin last night! Great pics everyone!

Gary great pics of the Pine Grosbeak and Waxwing! I love the way that hoar frost looks on the branches!

Tiger,Beautiful pics! You guys in the north west coastal states are really getting hit hard this year w/ snow. Hope you don't lose power again.

Okay, I love them all tigerlily!! That little owl is adorable!

(Zone 10a)

Hey,
That owl sure is beautiful & I like the cardinals & waxwing. We just copped a massive storm, so there may be a delay getting shots of the cockatoos. Not sure what effect it will have on them. Funny what you said about flocks of parrots Gardenpom. They can form massive flocks that are noisy & sometimes quite destructive. A lot of people dislike them accordingly, but I love the clamour of screeching cockies. Once, a single cockie wound up trapped in my aunt's car & quickly managed to strip the entire interior of it. They are brazen like that; the ones eating my sunflowers have been biting through the stalks & grabbing the flower head with one foot so they can munch on it like a sandwich. Gives me a laugh.
kookaburras are similar; brazen & noisy, making them my favourite bird of all.

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Lots of amazing shots! I love the hoar frost with the Grosbeak Grasmussen!

Tiger, funny pose of the White Breasted Nuthatch, lol.

ritapg, great owl pic, do they often sit in the trees in daytime?

I got this Blue Tit yesterday before it came cloudy, it hopped to near the top of the Holly tree. I think it must be a female, bleached feather tips and a blowave, lol.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

It had little nod off.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

My friendly Song Thrush seems to have matured, it's colour is much richer and it looks bigger. It always looks lost, the warm sun yesterday had it feeling springy .but it stood awhile for me to take pics.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

I got the eye, there was dirt on it's beak so it must have been looking for snails or other food.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Wood Pigeon

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Blue Tit was guilty of pecking new shoots on the red-leaved Cherry.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

So was Chaffinch

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Marlton, NJ

Very nice pics wallaby!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.