Think Spring! Tea Party SWAP Thread, continued

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm glad they sold the house, anyway! That's an accomplishment in the current market. :-)

Please let me know what sort of seeds to add to your BE... I was trying just now to find your list of tomatoes you were interested in... I know Cerise Orange was on the list (and I have it), and I know you were interested in some other yellows, but now I can't find that post and I'm trying to see if there are seeds in the RR that you might want...

Also, Newbie, please take a look at my seed list (near the top of the thread) and give me either specific picks from that or just a general idea of what you're looking for so we can find a few things for you... :-)

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Let the records show that I never did (a) run my seeds over to Happy nor (b) mail them to Critter's. Btwn Work & other family matters, the swap dropped off my radar. I will be happy to mail seeds to any/all who may want some. I think that Ruby expressed interest in the experimental clematis, No?

Sorry!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Wrightie, you can still let us know what you're interested in, and we'll put a few things in a BE for you... :-)

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Ugh, please don't feel the need to do that -- I feel bad about it!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Did you not see that Happy has already volunteered to be your "swap proxy?" Dmail her, at least, and let her know what interests you. Unless you really can't stand the thought of one single more seed... ;-)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Newbie, I did remember that you wanted my old seeds of 'Orange Banana' also. And I found a few seeds each of 5 other yellow varieties, including 'Pineapple'. Hmm, I should put in a few seeds of the 'Yellow Brandywine' we liked so much last year, too.

Er... how many yellow tomatoes do you have room to try? LOL. I found a couple more. Not a lot of spare seeds, some packets have only 5 and a couple just 3 seeds, but that'll let you try them...

We've got:
Amana Orange
Aunt Gertie's Gold
Azoychka
Cerise Orange
Flame (aka Hillbilly)
Gold Medal
Lenny & Gracie's Kentucky Heirloom
Limmony
Orange Banana
Pineapple
Yellow Brandywine

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

I can pick up Newbie's and drop them off. She is about 5 miles from my house..

Sorry You all I have been down with a major head ache today and have not been online.. I will be there. I do not have much to come with, but hopefully next year I can fix that.

Jenn

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Feel better! We'll see you tomorrow~

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks Happy!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Jenn, that'll work out great! I've popped a bunch of tomato seeds into your mom's bag... I figure she'll share with you... :-)

I hope that headache clears up so you have a restful night!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Jenn -- please tell your Mom we wish she were coming, and we'll miss her.

Jill -- how are you feeling? is there anything you'd like us to handle tomorrow so you don't overdo?

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Happy - Jill d-mailed me that she is taking a much needed and well deserved soak in the bath tub. I hope she is feeling better too!

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow. It should be a lot of fun!!!

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

My mom is coming.. lol.. :)

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

That's great news, Jenn! I'm looking forward to meeting both you & your Mom tomorrow.

Hope everyone remembers to bring their camera. There should be some good Kodak moments!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Jenn -- I'm so glad. That's what I thought, but then I missread Jill's email to mean that she was giving you seeds to take home to your Mom. Of course, when I re-read it, Jill's email was perfectly clear. See you both tomorrow!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hopefully there won't be a lot to do tomorrow. A couple of folks are going to try to come a few minutes early to help set up. I may ask somebody to act as our accountant and collect the money for the meal... that would be one less thing for me to ask Jim to do.

Jim might have to run out for a bit, so if Rick and/or John would be willing to call our Bingo game, that would help... otherwise, we'll figure something out.

Crozet, VA

Awww..... I am going to miss the fun!!! Shoot, doggonit and dag nabbit all. Jill did send me a nice package of seeds earlier in the week. What fun I will have sowing them.

Yes Wrightie - I am still interested in trying the clematis seed. I will let you know what it decides to do.

Shirley, I am jealous of your trip to Hawaii. I visted there in the early 1970's and have always wanted to go back. Maybe one of the days.......So glad that you had a good trip.

I will be thinking of you all today. Someone please come in this everning and make reports.Thanks.

Ruby

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

We'll eat extra food to make up for you, ruby! Really, sorry you'll nave to miss it!

Happy to say, the ice has been melting on my deck here overnight.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

I d-mailed Sally just a while ago. Don't know if she will get it in time. If some one has different basil seeds that are extra, I'd like to grow some again this season. Also Datura. I'm not pickey.
And I do have some seeds from a round robin swap last year that are still in storage. So I'm not seedless. LOL

Hope you all have a great time, I'll be thinking about you all. Take pictures.

Chris

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Lady, Sally got some basils from me for you, and I think she got you covered on the Datura also... if not, LMK and I'll send you some (I have lilac, yellow, and double purple, all from trades).

Photos were taken, and I'm sure we'll be starting a new thread for those.

Ruby, I don't know how I missed you above when I was asking people who couldn't make it to please tell me what kinds of seeds they wanted... but there were a bunch of seeds left at the end of the swap (I'll send them out in seed-for-postage offers, so they won't go to waste), and if there's anything you're looking for, just let me know!

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7b)

Critter, just want to thank you so much for having the swap. DH & I had a wonderful time and loved meeting everyone. Now I have faces to put to nicknames. It was great!!!!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

started an after-party thread, hope that wasn't out of line.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/816848/

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

With well over 200 posts here, it's definitely time for a new thread -- thanks, Sally!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.