DAILY PICS VOL. 58

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

I ran out of BOSS, so put out some ultimate finch feed (sunflower hearts and thistle). It froze into some melting snow. The chickadees we're enjoying pecking at the frozen feed, giving me enough time to take a picture. So… perhaps I could make some BOSS ice cubes for them to keep them in one place long enough for photography???

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Marlton, NJ

Nice pics guys!

indiana, Do you have a Peanut Silo out w/ peanut halves inside? It took over a year for me to see them here but that feeder was the first one I saw them on. They also love sunflower seed.

burn, do you still have snow on th ground?

and another…

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Jeffersonville, IN(Zone 6b)

I think I have all the bird food groups covered. :) I've got a peanut silo in the back yard. The White Breasted Nuthatch enjoys that and sometimes the Tufted Titmouse. Then of course there's the finch feeder with thistle, and the nutty bar for everyone and the suet and songbird feed. All I need now are Oranges and Mealy worms and I think I'll be all set!

Very cute Chickadees Burn & Mrs Ed!

Creek, it's great to see the Goldfinches get their color back, isn't it? :)

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

We had wall to wall sunshine today, until the clouds came over again! Only 44F but with little wind it felt warm.

Robin was singing in his Cherry tree, but below the hedge top so I had to look through the trellis squares around the corner and masses of twigs to get him.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

He knew this was a litle strange, I usually look at him from the other side.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Down the hedge side in the field I spotted a couple of Song Thrushes, with another little bird in front which I had thought was a Chaffinch, but it's a Goldfinch. There must have been something interesting there. As it was dull there and a long way off not good pics but the best I got.

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

I just put these over on the wrong thread so I'll repost here! LOL
A Downy Woodpecker & Red Breasted Nuthatch

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Some flew, one Thrush and a female Goldfinch remained. The other was a male.

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

For indiana_lily, this one has 2 Red Breasted Nuthatches in it!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Great isn't it nanny how the birds feed together!

I spied a Long-tailed Tit up in the Ivy on a roadside tree, these shots are not the best but better than the last ones I got of a LTT.

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Marlton, NJ

Nice pics everyone!

Wallaby, we had the same temps. today!

So nice for a change!

Looking at the LTT back of head.

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Jeffersonville, IN(Zone 6b)

Very cute Robin, Wallaby!

Thanks much, Nanny. Hey! I'll trade ya 20 Cardinals for 2 of your Red Breasted Nuthatches. :) I'll even through in a bunch of Mourning Doves!

Must be a thermal belt around the world pelle!

LTT turned it's head to the right before flying to higher branches across the road. If you think Robin has no neck, look at this..

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Thanks indiana, he got wary of my sneaky behaviour and flew soon after! You can tell by the look on his face..

Thumbnail by wallaby1

The Long-tailed Tit high in the branches, this must be the male as it has stronger colouring than the other one which was with it in the tree.

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Thanks Nanny for the " way to go" for the news about Hoary Redpoll . Was pretty excited about it.

Mrs_Ed, very funny with boss ice cubes, but I'm sure it would do the trick.

Wallaby, I like the color of your Robins.

Pelle, does this answer your question? on the ground, and on the trees and on roof tops also.LOL
One of your favorite pest , beside the squirrels A Starling.

This message was edited Jan 28, 2008 4:23 PM

Thumbnail by burn_2007

Front view

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Yes I do too burn, it's breast really glows in the sun. We don't hae many Starlings, lol, :~0.

I got the pair of LTTs together, the one on the right I think is the female.

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Wallaby , you must be getting pretty frustrated with my cross posting. LOL

Coming in for a landing.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Marlton, NJ

All the birds of the Tit species are adorable!

LOL,okay burn. :-)

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

LOl, between you and me, we're doing a pretty good job of shuffling post.

That's OK burn, it's anybodies! Good shot of the landing!

One more, I think the female LTT. It had a jerky head.

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quoting:
Down the hedge side in the field I spotted a couple of Song Thrushes, with another little bird in front which I had thought was a Chaffinch, but it's a Goldfinch

Oooops! Chaffinch it is ;-)

Resin

I like this shot of a great Tit taking off.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

I thought it had a red patch on it's head Resin, oh well. It looked like the one on the rspb site.

Here's a Goldfinch:

Thumbnail by Resin

The head of the one in my pic is turned slightly northeast, I saw the male Chaffinch a couple of days ago and it has a very rich breast and the colour on the breast of mine does looks a little pinkish but the light and reflections weren't the best. I wonder if it could be a young bird? They are not the best pics to go on.

The female didn't look like the one I see regularly either, this is the female Chaffinch I see..

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Linthicum Heights, MD(Zone 7a)

Great photos, everyone. I have mostly Goldfinches, House Finches, Blue Jays and an occasional Carolina Wren, Titmouse and Nuthatch visiting my feeders. I feed the birds faithfully and generously but haven't been taking a lot of bird feeder photos. But here is a Blue Jay photo taken yesterday as he prepares to pick out a peanut.

Thumbnail by linthicum
Marlton, NJ

Nice pic Linth!

Klamath River, CA

These California Quail are just trying to scratch out a living.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat

Hi Adelbert - what's all that white stuff that keeps on showing up in your photos? I didn't think you got that sort of thing away from the high Sierra! Is it more than you usually get?

Resin

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

I enjoyed everyone's pics! They are beautiful! Eleanor

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

I agree Eleanor...wonderful pics everyone! I really enjoy seeing all the different birds from different parts of the country and world!

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

This Northern Mockingbird is becoming a frequent visitor to the enclosed yard...it has discovered the meal worms that are on the ground!

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

It wanted me to go inside and wouldn't leave!

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Looks mad to me!

Thumbnail by dellrose

Wow, nice detail on that mockingbird!

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Yesterday I saw this Pileated Woodpecker on our walnut tree. He was a long way off but at least you can see him!

Thumbnail by dellrose

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.