bat houses / do they work?

Hercules, CA

are bat houses effective?
how long does it take bats to occupy them?
do they need special little invites?
how high do they have to be?
how do they tell the good insects from the bad insects?
what if you've never seen any bats around in your area?

inquiring minds want to know...
d
please indulge me; the cold rainy weather is driving me batty...

deanCA
i m into gettin bat houses too.
Im glad to see others trying to get bats in their areas. Funny thing how people are afraid of these harmless creatures.
we will have to compare notes :)
sue

Phoenix, AZ

Good links here, I'm going to have a bat house one way or other - build or buy. We never used to have mosquitoes here; now you'd think it was Florida come summer. And the ironic thing is that we used to have bats! I don't know why they left. Who's going to build one? Which one?

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I have two. Both purchased from Wild Birds. They are hung as directed on the southeast side of the chimney. For 5 years. Not a sign of a bat yet. I have practically a bird sanctuary so all of the requirements are in place. Nothing. If you find a way to lure them, let me know. The mosquitoes carry me away. We tried Martin Houses but don't have enough clear area for them.

LouC

I had bat houses at my old house
One early evening in the summer, i found a bat on the front of our house by the door ? weird . it must have been a young bat and was confused with the light .
It was sooooo cute
I got some gloves and took it to a darker place next to our barn. it flew off.
i had some bats in ours. But we had many bats flying around our area.
Utah we camped at a area that had bat houses and they painted them the Batman logo on them . i thought that was cute
sue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.