Problem bird feeder.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

The birds are swarming my feeder today. 3 days of rain at 42 degrees has brought large numbers of birds. They are eating two pounds an hour, 8 pounds already today. It is a real battle, all are fighting. They must be hungry.

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Lucky you..? Two pounds an hour could get expensive. What kind of birds ?

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Grackles, Redwings, Cowbirds, Titmouse, Sparrows, Cardinals, Doves, Bluejays. Nothing exotic.
They have eaten more today than in the last two weeks. I see it is almost empty again.

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

I'd love to see a bluejay and a cardinal but the others I could do without...
Maybe you'd better start buying the 100lb bags (lol)..

Marlton, NJ

Those first 3 can really go through alot of food.

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

trois...our weather is completely different from yours and ours are in a feeding frenzy too. The past week they have eaten 100 pounds of black oil sunflower seeds! It has been freezing for the past several days but no rain or snow so I don't know what the deal is. I may have to come out of retirement if this keeps up! Today, ours seem to be going nuts too eating like crazy but our wind chill is about 18 degrees.

Rose

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I may have to put mine on a diet. Our trees are covered with birds waiting for more, or they are too full to fly away.

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

what are you feeding?

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Black oil, Nyjer, Milo, African millet, other unknown seeds. They eat it all. Nyjer is last to go.

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

That's a lot of seed to go through! I don't think we could afford such generousity!

If we get grackles, cow birds and starlings coming in we switch to safflower seed in the feeders...they don't seem very interested in it, yet the cardinals love it.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

We are back to normal today. Just a wave of migrants.

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Our temps warmed up today so ours slowed down too, I noticed there is quite a bit of seed left (and am I glad)!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.