Tropical Gardening Parking Lot

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Tropical Gardeners drop in and talk about anything you so desire.....plants, weather, just greet each other and cheer each other up as we await Spring! Post pictures of times gone by or currently in bloom!!

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Howdy!!!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Howdy to you to Kim! Hope you had a good day!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Yeah...I'm here! Thanks Jeanne! Hmmmm after seeing Caldwell's, its hard to think that I could have anything to compete with that! But I can sure give it a try...

How about a happy hib blooming away...telling you all that spring will be coming soon!

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful Shari! Hopefully Spring is on its way!!!!

Caldwell's looks like they have some really nice things!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Oh, yes...I want several of everything! Actually I am on the lookout for plants that stay fairly small but that mound and drape out of a pot. I want to place them around my other pots to "hide" the pots, if you know what I mean....any ideas?

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Look over in the Container Gardening Forum. They have several threads on "Spiller" plants! I wouldn't mind having some of those either; They are beautiful!!!!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Now, see...what would I do without you??? Such a simple thing, and I never thought about it! Thanks!!!

All the fun starts when I must get to sleep. :(
Nite everybody!!

Thumbnail by kimarj
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful Kim! Nite!

Shari...they have some amazing spiller plants over there! Just fascinating....Katg has some gorgeous ones! Check out her files, and her gorgeous home! She has some beautiful plant combinations, "arrangements".

I do good to get one plant to grow sufficiently in one pot....she combines all kinds of things and they look like a work of art!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

I will definately check it out. Thanks Jeanne...off to fix dinner....Nite all!

Good morning all; I'm waiting for my plumeria blooms!!

Thumbnail by
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Good Morning all. Looks like we dodged a bullet this morning. Forecast was for ice sheet on everything. We have had 1/4 inch of rain but it stayed above freezing which made an altogether different outcome. Thank goodness. Always too many people that must go to work regardless of the risk. We need the moisture so hopefully it will rain all day. Glad I don't live further north where it is in the single digits day after day. Still the irony of it all is it is supposed to be 70 by Monday. Sure could use a day or two of warm weather.

Stay safe.
Christi

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh Christi, so glad that all that ice missed you! We too are anxiously awaiting warm weather!

Dutchlady, I would love to see my plumies in bloom! Yours are beautiful, as always!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi Jeanne, do hope you are at least getting this wonderful rain. Can you believe after all the rain we had last year there are places that under burn ban once again. So far today we are just above 1/2 inch. Slow and soaking. Should we get a freeze tonight at least it won't be dry and do so much more damage.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Hi everyone! Boy its amazing what a few miles can do to weather! Up in Colorado it would be terrible if we had rain all day, and then a freeze. All the plants, outdoor furniture, whatever would be soaked through, then frozen and wham...broken branches, shattered glass...a real mess! Always hated rain in the winter for just that reason! Hope the rain you are getting is nourishing, not damaging....

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Depends on how long it stays freezing temps. If everything is really dry, as in needs watering, a dry freeze kills everything. If we know of a freeze coming and it has been real dry, we are warned to water all the plants to insulate them. We've had that break the trees and heave the road beds more than once. But just a quick overnight freeze seems to be different. Good Afternoon. You are early today.

mulege, Mexico

Hi everybody,

I'm still recovering from theholidays. Also dealing with three puppies, two of them dog-sized but puppy-brained still. What a mad house!!

We've had two days of drizzling rain. Always welcome here. Lots of stuff coming up and/or out. A navel orange blooming for the first time. I've got milk thisle and a sun flower that have naturalized and lots of them are coming up.

For a trailing plant I really like lobelia Crystal Palace..

The dogs got hold of a partail roll of paper towels while I was napping. I have to see if I can locate my vacumn in this mess I call home!!

I'm doing OK, hope you are all the same.

katiebear

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Glad to hear from you, Katie. From my last two pups, I learned they are at least 2 years old before we even begin to be big doggies. Don't think I will ever be up to raising another pup. They are a lot of fun though.

G'day 77 and everyone, Summer is soooo busy! it is Australia Day here ...so lots happening!
I miss chatting ...sending hugs your way and a couple of pics
chrissy

Thumbnail by
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Chrissy, hope your brother is doing well.

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Brrr...
Nice to hear from you, glad the pups are doing well and keeping you busy, that means that they are so happy in their new home they are becoming sassy!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Nice and COOOLD here!! LOL.

26* here light wind lol!
This a pic of my first try at tropical looking garden... cannas ~ EE~hibiscus~latana~dwarf pomegranate.

Thumbnail by kimarj
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful garden Kim! Love it!

Thanks 77~ after hanging out here with you tropical nuts I got great plans for my next go round!!
Come on Spring :*)

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes, it is truly addictive! Once you are hooked, it's too late! LOL!

I have a question~ can I grow bleeding heart vine I in a hanging basket?

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm not sure......I'll let someone with more knowledge on that subject respond....
any takers out there......

Nite all!

Sleep tight!! :*)

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Which bleeding heart are you referring to...there are many by that name. Personally, I adore the Clerodendrum Glory Bower - bleeding heart, but don't know if that is what you are meaning.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Night Jeanne! Pleasant dreams!

Hello Shari,
Yes I am talking about The Glory Bower.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi all, Beautiful pics you got there!
Kim, I see those EE's in yours! :)

Hey LadyT :*)
Am I ever thinking Spring..this is the time of year I get in trouble ;*)...been in the catalogs lolol.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I don't get any catalogs or anything, I think that is a good thing! HA HA HA

I don't think I could do without all the pretty pics hehehe!...plus I get to dream up really grand garden ideas..and then I wake up. ;*) This is the same hibiscus in the first pic...weird.

Thumbnail by kimarj
Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

You need a green house deary! :) Beautiful Hib you got there!!! Do you have house plants, Kim? SHEW eating Blazin' Buffalo & Ranch Dorito's, tingly they are! LOL

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Lovely picture Kim, rich color and we can even see the rain drops!

Sounds like a spicy lil snack!!Oh yeah I got house plants everywhere I can stick one. I put them out when it gets warm and they take off. then I don't have room when it is time to bring them back in lolol. I even got giant brugs indoors I won't do that again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.