Introductions

Lebanon, OR

I have been privilaged to be allowed to introduce POWER WOMAN for our dear deceased friend Neil Mogensen who passed away in 2006 during the AIS Nationals.

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Lebanon, OR

This is one I am introducing for Rod Mendenhall. This is first one and hopefully will NOT be his last.

CAND DANCER Pele and unknown

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
South Hamilton, MA

I was amazed that Pelle's spot could fade so much, although the edge is still visable on Candy Dancer. Very different and maybe "unknown" will pop up with something again. It's good to know part of the parentage. Bee pod can produce very good things as well as terrible ones.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

I'm so glad to see Power Woman making it to the market. It's a wonderful legacy for a remarkable man.

Laurie

Lebanon, OR

There are two others that will be introducted in 2009 that are Neil's one is registered as Neil's Choice and still thinking of naming the last one Neil's Aria.

For those that might now not the meaning of the word it is the best song and usually the one song of an opera that you remember for life!

Still deciding.

D

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Neil's earlier introductions had names in keeping with his religious calling. You might consider something along those lines for his final intro, as well.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Dee, I just had another thought. If you haven't already consulted them, it might mean a lot to Neil's daughters if you allow them to name his final intro.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

I just thought of a name that brought tears to my eyes:

Neil's Benediction

Lebanon, OR

The widow and his daughters have given the privilage of naming the iris. Neil's Choice came up because of something he said to me about the one I named already.

D

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

I really miss him. He was so wise and so kind. When I was a newbie I learnt so much from him.

Think everyone who corresponded with him learnt so much.

inanda

Lebanon, OR

I agree! A GREAT lost to the iris world for sure.

I just am thankful that at least these three will leave his name in the registry and we can all remember such a kind, generous, knowledgable man.

D

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.