Please help out PlantFiles!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Many of us have added photos to PF. It's a great resource and one of the main reasons I first joined DG. However, many people still do not. There are currently over 106,000 plants with entries but no photos. Dave has just added a new tool to the PF tools page which lists plants with no photos. Here is the direct link to that alphabetized page:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/tools/lonely.php

(Love the 'lonely' part!)

When you have some time, please look to see if any of your plants are on here. Also, when visiting a public garden, arboretum, etc., perhaps you can take note of some plants on the list that you believe you may encounter and be ready to shoot some pics! Thanks.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Now that's a lot of plants!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Victor, that is rather daunting task to go through this whole list. Is there someway to go to a genus or cultivar to see what needs a picture or do you have to scroll through whole thing. Patti

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Good suggestion, db. Although, I don't have a wide range knowledge of plants. I'll be certain to add pics, to those that I come across that doesn't already have one.

Patti - yes. You can go to the general PF search page:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/tools/

and search for a specific plant. I will suggest they they put an alphabet list on that other page so it's easier to navigate as well.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

An alphabet list would be a great help, I got to page 130ish and was still on A.

Yes, it's a huge list!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I do have some to enter yet from last year. I can see this list as big though - sometimes real common plants don't have a picture for them.

Yes, I have been the first to add a photo for a plant a number of times and it's not for anything exotic. Yet others have umpteen photos, many of which look almost identical to me.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I'll pay more attention, and make a concious decision to add pics. when I can (especially those that are more common). Thanks all.

Thank you!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Good lord thats one looooooooong list!! I see many pine's and fir's that I know I more than likely have growing on my land. But I have no way of identifying them short of calling someone from the forest service to come down here. I will ask DH when he can walk the length of the property again.

Very long! Easier to search for specific ones you think you may have or may see.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.