I want a pretty vine too

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I live is zone 5 and have been looking at the brug and datura pictures and think they are so beautiful. I want something like those so is there one I can grow here?

You can grow both of them where you are but they are not vines. Datura can be grown as an annual and brugmansia can be grown as a potted plant placed outside for the summer and brought and kept semi dormant for the winter.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Thanks Jersey,
Guess I am a little confused. I really thought they were vines. I am not sure why.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

I think I know how you got mixed up. A lot of the brug and datura people also seem to grow a lot of Passiflora - which I think is what you meant by vine. We sometimes go slightly off track and mention them both. I'm one of the culprits. Will try to do better in the future.

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

There's a single-flowered white datura that I grow that a lot of people refer to as a 'vine'---it's about as viney as an indeterminate tomato vine. If not staked and tied, it flops around aall over the place. I'm pretty sure it's D. innoxia---want some seeds? It's realibly root-hardy into Zone 5.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.