January Daily Weather, Chilly everywhere!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Well, I'm having computer glitches, so I'm using a borrowed PC.
The weather here in N.Fl. is up to the low 60s here today.
I'll be heading to Va thursday morning and then back to Fl on Monday.
This is one of Sharon's pictures from earlier this week.
Looks like a tunnel to heaven.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Sidney, I'm the first one yaaahoooo!!!!
The mountain brook in Jan.

Thumbnail by KashtanGeorge
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

George: I love all the mosses and the green you have there! I admit, I didn't know where Sochi was til I looked it up, but I did know St. P. and the Black sea. :)
Kelli: Thanks for the fern pic. I'll take your word on the I.D. since I have no idea, but it sure is pretty.
Ric - What fun you must've had this morning! (not)
Joey: I will also say C, 71%.
Kiska: I told my DH yesterday what you said about opening the windows because it was in the 40s, and he literally shivered. LOL.
Sharon: Sir Gus is a very good foot warmer!

Looks like everyone has a little warm up today. OUr temps were actually at "normal" today. Hi in the 50s, low tonight around 40. But just like in Sharon's neighborhood, its' supposed to get cold again in a couple of days.
Deb

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Joey – Beautiful picture! The white thingy in the picture is a wave! I’m going with C.
Kiska – That looks like a great way to spend a vacation! Just beautiful, there is a lot of talent in ice sculpting.
Kelli – Did you get more rain? Pretty ferns! Hope you are feeling a little more spunky!
Marylyn – Hope you and the bunnies are feeling better. So...when the home schooling teacher is sick do the bunnies get a vacation day?! LOL!! Airborne does work really well.
Sidney – Welcome back! Did you have a good trip? Thanks for the new thread. I really like that picture and I like the comment “a tunnel to heaven”!
Juri – Nice picture! I know where St. Pete is and the Black Sea! (and now I know where Sochi is!)
Deb - I had the sliding glass door open this morning to catch the breeze. Jeff asked “Is the door open? Why is the door open, it’s cold outside, turn up the heat”! All I know is it felt good to me! LOL!

53.1 °F / 11.7 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 50 °F / 10 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.18 in / 1021.9 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 7000 ft / 2133 m
Scattered Clouds 11000 ft / 3352 m
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m

Now
Through 9 PM...a bank of sea fog will continue along the coast from St Simons Island and Cumberland Island to St Augustine. The fog may move to around 1 mile inland from the coast and be a visibility hazard in inlets as well as along A1A along the coast. Visibilities will be reduced to around a quarter of a mile. Marine interests as well as motorists should use caution.

Rest of Tonight
Increasing cloudiness. A slight chance of showers in the evening...then a chance of showers overnight. Areas of dense fog with visibility one quarter mile or less at times mainly at the coast. Low 52. East winds 5 to 10 mph shifting to the south in the evening...then shifting to the north after midnight. Chance of rain 50 percent.

The sea fog began creeping in around 4:00 this afternoon. Here is a picture I took around 4:40 - it was thick. There is always the "one" person on the road without their fog lights off and I'm usually behind him/her groaning and rolling my eyes...

This message was edited Jan 23, 2008 12:26 PM

Thumbnail by MySharona

Deb, and MySharona , you win my hands down!!! LOL.

This message was edited Jan 22, 2008 9:17 PM

The fog gone and we received 0" rain. It looks like all rain was south of Jacksonville Metro.

55.0 °F / 12.8 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 53 °F / 12 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.09 in / 1018.8 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 8.0 miles / 12.9 kilometers
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 10000 ft / 3048 m
Overcast 20000 ft / 6096 m

Today
Mostly cloudy with areas of fog and chance of showers early in the morning. Partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers in the late morning and afternoon. High 66 coast. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

More fog

Thumbnail by MySharona
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Morning All! We have 34° & it's Dyson Dark!

At Dublin...
Cloudy: 36°F
Feels like: 31°F
Barometer: 30 in
Dewpoint: 32°
Humidity: 86%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 6 mph WNW
Sunrise: 7:33 AM
Sunset: 5:37 PM
Spaecial Weather Statement....WEST JEFFERSON... SPARTA... BOONE...
TAZEWELL... MARION... BLAND... PEARISBURG... WYTHEVILLE... PULASKI...
RADFORD... BLACKSBURG... INDEPENDENCE... GALAX... FLOYD...
NEW CASTLE... CLIFTON FORGE... HOT SPRINGS... BLUEFIELD... HINTON...
UNION... LEWISBURG 514 AM EST WED JAN 23 2008 ... BLACK ICE WILL IMPACT TRAVEL THIS MORNING...
PATCHY DRIZZLE... ALONG WITH MOISTURE ON THE GROUND FROM MELTED SNOW HAS SET THE STAGE FOR THE FORMATION OF BLACK ICE.

Have a Great Day! Will be back tis afternoon! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Did she answer our trivia?

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Don't know about the trivia, but I'm sure someone will, Sydney. BTW, I loved the description you gave to Sharon's photo: "tunnel to heaven".
Sharon, those are surely some foggy pics! Hope you get some rain later today.
Marylyn, hope you and the bunnies are feeling better soon!
Joey, black ice is not good! :o(( but I love the picture of the snowy tree.
George, that mountain brook looks inviting. I can hear it "babbling" to me now! LOL

Gray skies here and cold. An arctic blast of even colder weather is on the way. Tomorrow and Friday our highs will be in the mid-30's and lows into the 20's and by Monday and Tuesday we are forecast to be in the 60's and 70's! Talk about a roller coaster ride! LOL

Current conditions as of 7:55 am CST

Cloudy
Feels Like: 28°
Barometer: 30.27 in and steady
Humidity: 68%
Visibility: 10 mi
Dewpoint: 20°
Wind: ENE 3 mph
Sunrise: 7:13 am
Sunset: 5:27 pm

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

HI Ya'll! I'm back!
Sidney, sorry I didn't answer the trivia question....I was in a rush for nothing. I guess you could say that I had a "senior moment". I thought that I had to work 8-4 this morning & I am to work 4-12. I was up until 3:00 this morning (every body getting the crud again), woke up at 6:30 & thought that I was late for work! Maybe I should go back to bed! :D If I could just get the internship at White Sulfur I will have set hours!

The answer to the trivia is...C!
Almost 3/4 of the Earth's surface is covered by water and ice.

TamaraFaye, I get these trivia questions from our local tv station's web site.
Juri, I know where the black Sea is...I have a world atlas but haven't looked up where Sochi is...(Loved my geography class) Love the Brook! Did you have to walk thru the thicket to get to it?
Gee, Sharon...that's some hefty Fog! :-O Thanks.

Later! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Tunnel to Heaven. I love that!

George, what a lovely picture. Is it close to your home?

Sharon, careful, Steven King wrote a story about fog..... :))

Joey, black ice sent a lot of people in the ditch a few days ago. A few more went in while the officer was still there. I call your picture cold fingers. You should put that on the Texture forum :)) Yes, please go back to bed, you're making me tired :))

It was a chilly 11* this morn and has made it up to 14* now. Snow and wind expected, Arctic cold tomorrow. Brrrr, and we have dental appointments in the morning

(Zone 3b)

27° Dark~ snowing w/about 4" right now, these higher temps really make a difference in how quickly it piles up.
Sunrise: 9:41 Sunset: 4:35 gain of 5m1sec.
Whiteout conditions between here and Anchorage.
Today
Cloudy with snow in the morning becoming partly cloudy in the afternoon. Additional snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. Temperatures cooling into the 20s. Northwest wind to 15 mph.
Sugarweed~love the pic and title~have a good trip.
KG~loved the creek pic and finding Sochi~~
Deb~only one window open this morning:)
Joey and bp~careful out there on a black-ice day; pretty treacherous w/those conditions. Sure love the snowy pics, Joey.
MySharona~an approaching fog bank does sound like something from a scary movie. (The Fog)> take care.
Marylynn~hope you're doing better~
Nothing special about this; just the everyday around the house pic.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Hi, guys, such wonderful pics everyone!I'm busy, busy, busy, but I'm trying to catch up with you. Ihad to get the papers done for the new mortgage and loan at the bank for finishing the house. We went there on Sunday and it looked like this:

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Kiska, I think sitting at your house all snug and watching it snow would be a treat.

Adina, I can't wait to see your house finshed. How exciting!

I also had to go to the dentist and to a check up for my first pair of glasses...ugh, I'm getting old!
Billy, thanks, I don't think they have any heater inside the fortress, but I think they should have for keeping those things in the museum in a good shape.
Sharon, yes, it was Cici in the torture suite and with his tongue out!LOL The skeleton was real, I also photographed the note which says it was of a woman they found in the fortress.
I'm sorry I can't answer to you all, but I love all your pics and
My DD sent me some wonderful pics from her trip to San Bernardino, in Switzerland.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Hey, Billy, nice to see you here!

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Adina, I'm on my second pair of glassses this January and my dental got bumped to the 31st. Can't say I'm too upset : ))

DD has a beautiful smile and is definately having a good time.

Thanks, It's nice to be able to keep up for a change.

Thanks, it's been a great day for her and her friends there!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Forgot to tell you it's getting warmer here in Bucharest, about 45 at noon and no freezing at night, isn't it great? It rained a little and it was cloudy all day.
Kiska, Happy Belated Birthday for your grandson at 18 , what a beautiful age! The room with balloons was so funny and a great idea!

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Quoting:
So...when the home schooling teacher is sick do the bunnies get a vacation day?! LOL!!

They do this time around! LOL Ugh.. this has been really miserable. Charles is home with the same thing today (fevers of 101+, deep deep cough, etc), and the little bunny's school nurse called to say that she was running a fever, too. We thought she was over it, so we sent her back today. She'll be home tomorrow again, of course. The big bunny is fine, so far. It would be nice if she didn't catch it at all, but under the circumstances it seems highly unlikely. LOL

Adina, your house is looking wonderful!

George, I know where the Black Sea and Saint Petersburg are, too, but I hadn't heard of Sochi until you mentioned it. I did know where Krasnador was before that, though... Is that close enough? :-)

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 2:53pm CST (13 min ago)
Temperature 50 °F 10 °C
Dew Point 46 °F 8 °C
Humidity 86%
Pressure 30.12 in 1019.9 mb
Wind Speed 6 MPH 5 kts
Wind Dir NNE 30°
Ceiling 500 ft 152 m
Visibility 5 mi 8.0 km
Current Conditions Mist
6 hour min temperature ending 11:53am CST : 43.0°F / 6.1°C

Thanks, Marylyn! How are the bunnies? I hope they aren't sick too!

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

The little bunny had a fever on Monday, so we kept her home from school Tuesday. She was fine all day Tuesday, playing and having a great time, so we though she was over it and sent her to school today. Her teacher and her school nurse both called when she was on her way home on the bus to say she had been acting sleepy all day and when they took her temperature at the end of the day it was 101°F (38.3°C). So she'll be home with us again tomorrow. She's still acting happy, though, so at least she doesn't feel miserable right now.

The big bunny is fine so far. :-)

Thanks for asking!

Marsue, the brook fills my valley with the water music all the year long.

Joey, thanks from my Mom - she is a Geography teacher!

Adina, I am boiling a whole pot of coffey, where are you all??? OK! Just let me know when...
Romania is a beautifull country! Thank's for the pics!
I'm realy greatfull for the high quality Romanian juices I drank in my younger years!!!
I would also like to reveal my gratitude for the high quality Romanian footwear we had imported from Romania back in the Soviet times!!! Better later, than never!!!
Marylyn from TX, how come you know about Krasnodar, and don't know about Sochi??! My guess, Krasnodar is abrother-city of Ostin, isn't it?

Bay laurel tree of my good neighbor.

This message was edited Jan 23, 2008 11:44 PM

My trivia is:

what time does it take for a solar energy to reach the Earth?:

a) 2 hours 35 min
b) 35 min 12 sec
c) 8 min 20 sec
d) 32 sec 5 msec

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

George: the answer is "c"--am I correct? I love that brook!

Adina: your DD does have a beautiful smile and pretty hair, too! I can't tell too much about the rest of her--she's all covered up! LOL Your builders seem to be making progress on your house.

Quoting:
Nothing special about this; just the everyday around the house pic

If we had that much snow around our house, Kiska, there would be nothing "everyday" about it! LOL

Marylyn, so sorry about the fever, etc., that is going through your family. Get well soon, all of you!

Still cold here and getting colder. :o((

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Sorry!! I got lost. It is 30 degrees and it is heading for 0 tonight. Tomorrow windy and 14 with wind chills at or near - that is -15degrees!! Yikes and calling for 50 on Mon. No joke. BEV

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It is a dark and stormy night. Well, maybe not stormy, but it is raining.

Updated: 5:51 PM PST on January 23, 2008
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
46 °F / 8 °C
Rain Mist
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 43 °F / 6 °C
Wind: 18 mph / 30 km/h / 8.2 m/s from the ESE

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

You should write a mystery, Kelli! "It was a dark and stormy night. . ." LOL

Bev, our weather is going up and down like a yo-yo, as well. Pretty picture.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

i am going to guess B on the trivia, since it continues to stay "daylight" about 30 min after sunset...

still lovin all the photos...

Marylyn, sorry the teacher is not well ;-( everyone get well soon!

Joey – I loving the snow pics!
Sally – I had to laugh. I think of “The Fog” every time we get heavy fog! I can get really creepy.
Kiska – Great everyday picture!
Adina – Your house is really looking good! I like the tile roof, so much prettier than shingle. I missed the note about the woman. I’ll have to go back through the pics. Look at all that snow! Your DD is very pretty, great hair color! I don’t mind going to the dentist for a cleaning anymore. They use a sonic cleaning system, it’s painless. Glasses, ugh. I’m going to have to get bi-focals! LOL! Think I’m going back to contacts this year.
Marylyn – I hope y’all feel better soon. Seems like everyone has had a touch of something this year.
Juri – That’s another great place to sit and have a cup of “joe”! The moss and ferns are very pretty. What kind of tree is that? It’s so green! LOL! I think it’s C) 8 minutes.
Bev – Holy cow – you’re buried in snow!
Kelli – Congrats on the rain! That’s awesome!

56.5 °F / 13.6 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 52 °F / 11 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.06 in / 1017.8 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 7.0 miles / 11.3 kilometers
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 2000 ft / 609 m
Mostly Cloudy 14000 ft / 4267 m

Today
Areas of fog early in the morning. Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers...mainly from mid-morning Onward. High 60. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

There was fog on the south end of the island yesterday morning. It's wasn't as bad as Tuesday. Here is a picture at the airport

Thumbnail by MySharona

Here's the gold tunnel to heaven! :)

sunset last night

Thumbnail by MySharona
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Sharon: another gorgeous "tunnel to heaven"!
George: where are you? I want to know if I was right about the trivia question (c).

Current conditions as of 6:55 am CST

Fair
Feels Like: 17°
Barometer: 30.38 in and rising
Humidity: 65%
Visibility: 10 mi
Dewpoint: 17°
Wind: N 7 mph
Sunrise: 7:12 am
Sunset: 5:28 pm
25°High: 37° Low: 21°

Today: Sunny High: 37° Low: 21°
Tomorrow: Snow to Wintry Mix High: 33°Low: 28°
BRRRRRR!!!!

This message was edited Jan 24, 2008 7:52 AM

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Sharon, I am not buried in snow. That is the only snow we had in Dec. $ degrees but not windy yet. I have my fingers crossed. BEV

(Zone 3b)

-1° Dark
chance of snow in the afternoon. Highs in the teens. Light winds. The warmer weather of the past few days has passed; the wind took a lot of snow off the trees.
Kelli~great start; rain in the weather report is good.
Adina~glad to see your home again; it's going to be so beautiful.
KG~very pretty and to hear the brook would be a wonderful way to sit and just take in the surroundings..
Bev~ very pretty.
MySharona~the gorgeous sky there is so nice to be able to see from here:)
Alpenglow lit up Lazy Mountain yesterday at 4:30pm. The camera froze after this; I'd taken a few others of the sunset and will post them later.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

I think I hit the wrong key I have $ degrees there!!! It's 12 right now. Bev

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Marsue, the mystery to me is - Why does it rain more and harder at night here than during the day?

We got 1 inch of rain yesterday and overnight. (Yay!) It looks like it might kind of drip and dribble all day again today. DH flew in from Phoenix this morning and he said that there was snow on the San Gabriel Mountains all the way down to the foothills. I'm guessing that's down to between 3500 and 4000 feet. Does this elevation/snow thing seem strange to the rest of you? It seemed kind of strange to me when I first moved out here.

Remember that when it rains out here, it usally warms up back east.

Updated: 9:51 AM PST on January 24, 2008
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
47 °F / 8 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 42 °F / 6 °C
Wind: 9 mph / 15 km/h / 4.1 m/s from the ESE

Thumbnail by Kelli
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kiska: gorgeous photo! I have never seen anything like it!
Kelly: I don't know. You'll have to ask one of our meteorologist friends about that "mystery". --and snow on any mountaintop in Arkansas for more than a few days would be strange. LOL BTW, that's a great photo.

Hi everyone!!! Pepper23 asked me to inform our wonderful friendly "Weather community", that she hasn't left, but having some problems with the internet wi-fi and is trying to fix it. She hopes to get it done by weekend.

SPB weather update: some snow and blizzard, at last! , I love it !!!! I real miss the real winter!
26F
Marsue and MySharona, right! The answer is C! TamaraFaye, good and poetic joke answer, anyways!!!

MySharona, the tree is Laurel. You do use the leaves of that sometimes, when you are cooking in some cuisines, don't you?

Kiska, that's exactly what I do in the South mostly. I brouse around and listen to the water music. Lol.

This message was edited Jan 24, 2008 6:50 PM

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

It is 15 degrees now but going to rebound and get a little warmer for tomorrow. Did anyone see this moon the night of the 22nd? BEV

Thumbnail by dragonfly62

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.