Can you help identify a dwarf REBLOOMING iris??

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

I am pretty sure there are not too many but is it possible to identify this little reblooming iris. It is a medium
tone lemon yellow with white on the flower. I can not be exact but i believe it is about 8" tall. it reblooms very nicely in the fall. Any ideas???
Julie

Thumbnail by jazzzy704
South Hamilton, MA

jazzzy704 Difficult to see in the picture--but it fits the description of Baby Blessed (Zurbrigg'79). Its pod parent 'Twice Blessed' is similiar, but its beard is vivid yellow in the heart of the flower. Baby Blessed has a white beard. If you look this spring we may be able to confirm it.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Here is perhaps the one you have which was id for me on this other thread. Mine bloomed again into Nov on Nantucket. The picture was taken on Nov 2 2007Patti

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/723263/

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

IrisMA and bbrookrd,
Thank You for helping. I will get a better picture this spring!! I can see that IS very important
to getting a good ID. I will keep both of your recommendations and see if I can get this done. i will let you what is decided. But can you tell me if you know how many do you think exist and any link or site for any others I may look at..you know pictures!1
Thank You for taking the time to help me!
Julie

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Echos,
THANK YOU sooo much. I never saw this before. OOOOOHHHHHH such beauty!
Julie

South Hamilton, MA

The Plant Files pictures are for standard Dwarf irises. They are not all reblooming. It is my favorite class of iris--Only beginning in the 1950s, others were natural hybrids, they have the largest number of yearly registrations after the tall bearded irises. As a result one can usually find the colors they wish for the garden. They vary in height from 8" to just over 15", and can bloom throughout a dwarf season, different varieties early, mid-season & late like the other bearded classes.

South Hamilton, MA

echoes--what a great job to bring on all the Plant Files pictures. It took some time and energy. It would be a great help to the Median Iris society if people would post which dwarfs rebloomed next fall. Obviously 'Baby Blessed' does. But there can be others--'Forever Blue' is a good candidate. SDBs are cute in the spring, in rock gardens or low borders. Thank you echoes for showing the available colors all together.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

I learn something new from you everyday. Echoes.

inanda aka the other Ginny

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Thank You to all of you!! It was EXTRA KIND to go out of your way to answer my ques. and further to give me the sites and catalogue the information!!
YOU GUYS?GALS ? are the BOMB!!
Ok, Ok, I am not a kid but it's a saying that fits how nice the gardeners on this site are!!
Thank You,
JULIE

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.