Kitchen and Tea Towel Swap.....part 3

Norfolk, VA

We came from here......http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/805333/

Hello and Welcome to Lora's (slowtornado) first Round Robin.

Lora is new to Dave's Garden and thought hosting a Round Robin would be a great way to meet everyone! There are quite a few seed trades going on right now, so instead this swap will be for Kitchen and Tea Towels. The towels should have a garden theme of some type. They could have flowers, animals, bird houses, etc. any thing with an out door feel to it.
...Spending Limit Is $10.00...
We would like to have a different secret swap each month. In absolutely NO WAY are you obligated to participate every month. You can join any of the swaps that interest you. Other swaps will include things such as oven mitts, coasters, garden gloves, maybe even sweat bands!

This will be just like a Secret Santa swap. We will take sign ups until MIDNIGHT JANUARY 24th. On January 25th, you will be d-mailed your swap buddy's name. We should also mention that in case an odd number of people sign up, Lora and I will take care of them.
Your towels should be mailed out through Regular Postal Service to keep all costs reasonable.
I figure mailing should be between January 31st and February 5th. That way we will all be receiving our packages about the same time.

***A new thread will be started to show off our new towels and tell who our Secret Buddy was****

If there are any questions, please feel free to ask!!

When we begin mailing our towels most of them will be received with in a week. If you are paired with a member that lives in another country, your receiving time will be just a little longer.

This message was edited Jan 21, 2008 8:43 AM

Norfolk, VA

.Here is a list of participants so far...
Lora (our Hostess)
Beckie (Lora's co-hostess)
Kathy
Traci
Joyce
Cathy
Marie
Tammy
stownes
pepper23
WantabeGardener
dimmer
9kittymom
plantladylin
McGlory
rachierabbit
dryad57
rock_r
heavenscape
Melissa_Ohio
Susan51
Machikoneko
mysterypoodle
Marylyn_TX
maineroses
Bettypauze
CMoxon
lizrainey
red_princess_71
rainy_jane
Lindawalkabout
bluepoppy

If I have forgotten any one...please let me know!!!!!!!

This message was edited Jan 21, 2008 8:41 AM

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I found you!

Norfolk, VA

Darn, and I tried so hard to hide from you........

Please look at the list above and d-mail me if I have forgotten to add your name.
I apologize now if I made that mistake........

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I'm on there.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Me too! =o)

Wonder what the biggest number of participants in a round robin has been? Maybe we could go for the record!!

Norfolk, VA

Good morning Joyce!! wouldn't that be something? maybe we could get a prize!!

how's your weather today? hope you are staying warm......

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Let's just say I won't be tanning today.... :o(

Norfolk, VA

I feel for you....it is in the 20's here during the day and in the teens at night.....too cold for me!! I am ready for spring......

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

ME TOO!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I didn't know I had joined this one, Beckie! LOL I was just here pestering all of you! HA HA HA HA HA

Norfolk, VA

see what you get for pestering us Tammy???????

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

OK OK LOL

Norfolk, VA

LOL right back at you!!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I'VE BEEN HIGH JACKED! HA HA HA

Norfolk, VA

according to Websters Tammy, you have been hi-jacked.... got you!!

Norfolk, VA

I suppose it could be spelled both ways though

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Actually, we are ALL wrong!

http://www.reference.com/search?db=web&q=hijacked

Norfolk, VA

I guess we should let this one slide all the way around.....in Websters it is hyphenated and written as hi-jack......

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I think I will just stay away from the word all the way around! HA HA HA

Holden, MO(Zone 5b)

Hi everyone, where do we send our addy to?

(Cathy), MO

Linda (and everyone else on here that joined) they have posted more lists on the butterfly thread.

Belle Plaine, KS

Hi kids, I'm home from work. Did you all stay out of trouble?

We got a blistering ice storm today. You guys in MO might be in for it. Better make a run to the gitt'n place. Git what you can.
Good luck
Lora☺

(Cathy), MO

They say we aren't going to get much in this area. Maybe a little freezing drizzle. That's enough though!

Norfolk, VA

Good Morning!!!!
To all the new comers......

please d-mail your address to me if you are not in the address exchange.

There are two days left to join!!!

I hope all of you with the bad weather are safe and warm. Please be careful if you need to go out....

Holden, MO(Zone 5b)

good morin all

ths Cat, just was over there WOW, I need to get root'in, oink oink

LOL slowtornado

Quoting:
Better make a run to the gitt'n place

nothin happen our way , clear and sunny and coooooold

(Zone 1)

Good morning everyone! Wow! I see 32 names on the list for our swap, so far! I can't remember if I d-mailed my address to you Beckie so I will go look in a few minutes and do so if I haven't already!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. We had a little much needed rain and sure could use more. There were some bad storms through central florida Saturday night but we didn't get much of it, except lightning did strike a transformer Saturday night and left us without electricity for 3 hours and then again for another hour at 2 O'clock Sunday morning! When the transformer blew it apparently fried our computer modem! Cable guy brought another one on Sunday afternoon but it isn't working properly. I can't view photo's at all ... it just shows a blank box and it takes forever to load a page! Frustrating! They are supposed to bring another (hopefully new) modem out to us this evening!

It's very dry here and we have had red flag fire warnings again. It's been very windy for a couple of days which doesn't help. Can't complain about the temperature today ... already 74 degrees out and sunshiny! I won't be out much though .... I'm baking all day today and tomorrow for a function at our basketball game at the college tomorrow night! Guess I better get back to work!

Y'all have a great day!

Norfolk, VA

hey Linda, would you send some of that 70º weather my way?? please?? I can not take much more of this cold. Sorry to hear about your power outage and hope you get the computer fixed soon!!

This message was edited Jan 22, 2008 11:38 AM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Few more days before I get my 'buddy' name...

Norfolk, VA

Good Morning!!!

We are down to the wire....what a great turn out this has been!!!!

Betty, I hope you are staying safe and warm. I'm curious, how long will it take for all that snow and ice to melt?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Having a sick day today..think the sick was primarily that I didn't want to go and find my car out in the blizzard and drive 100 miles...no not really, sneazing and queazy so good place is here in my home, all comfy and safe...

We had about 3' of snow and within a week got quite a warm up and up to a week ago Sunday, we had NO SNOW..this has all happened since Friday...

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Norfolk, VA

I'm glad to hear that you are staying home today. I could not imagine that much snow! When I was growing up, we lived in Pennsylvania. We had lots of snow but nothing compared to yours. We lived on a hill, and I can remember getting the sled out to ride down it.

Norfolk, VA

Please review the list above and make sure your name is on it. I will be d-mailing you your swap buddy in the next few days!!!!!

I am so excited, this has been a great turn out!! Thank you to everyone who participated!!! Talk to you soon...
Beckie

Holden, MO(Zone 5b)

Thank you Beckie and slow tornado, great list , lots of kitchen towels going out in the mail soon : )

Belle Plaine, KS

You're welcome Linda. I'm going to talk to hubB about the RU. We could do it in 1 day, but 2 would be more fun!☺ We finally got to see E. MO. last year. We both grew up in KS, but never made it E. I spent some time in K.C. with an Aunt, but thats it.
Yeah, there's gonna be some towels a fly'n. ha I wish I could bottle my excitement!!!!
L8R, Lora☺

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Just thought you'd all like to know it's 11 months till Christmas...

Running and ducking now.....

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

throwing my shoe at joyce!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Ha!! Missed me.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

wait till next time, i'll get you when u turn ur back

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Oooohhhh, I'm skert....

;o)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.