Snow in the Triangle

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Greetings! Here is a snow photo.

Thumbnail by missingrosie

opps. Here is a better one - was messing around with color on that one.

Thumbnail by missingrosie
Willow Spring, NC(Zone 7b)

It sure was pretty wasn't it?

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

I am jealous we just got a dusting where I am between Garner and Clayton. Boy is it cold.
Love the pictures.
Lavina

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Fantastic photos; I love the sepia toned one. And, your garden looks wonderful, even covered with snow.

Hi - Thanks Ardesia
The truth is it looks a lot better covered in snow in comparison to what it looked like before the snow!! I just pooped out this autumn with the leaves and the weeds etc. the drought discouraged me. Hey! instead of ADD maybe my problem is DDD (Drought Discouraging Disorder)..snort...

Pre DDD : dig a hole....STOP...go to the shed to get something to amend the soil....STOP..the shed is a wreck..I'd better clean it out--Oh Look! here is that stained glass that I got from the Craig's list for free....STOP ..here is some really neat red glass - I can put it on that birdhouse roof - it'll sparkle real good...STOP ...I'll just go get that birdhouse..here it is STOP ....OH, HERE is that huge dangle earring that I was planning to use for the birdhouse door handle, I just need to fix it with a little glue and add a bead....STOP ...I'd better go get the glue now...oh no, this glue is no good..its all stuck together...let me go find some more..... then the wailing begins...like some long extinct wailing bird...... "DOOOOOOROTHY!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THIS HOLE OUT HERE? ARE YOU DONE WITH THE TOOLS? WHY IS ALL THE STUFF PULLED OUT OF THE SHED..? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH ALL THIS GLASS ANYWAY, SHOULD I TAKE IT TO THE DUMP????? " --

Now with my new DDD ...I can just say.... Nah, no hole today...I'll just watch HGTV instead...

Lavinia it is cold here too. 11 this morning in Hillsborough and we really got a dusting too - it just was a 'puffy' dusting.
Although even as light as it was, it sure was pretty. And, I think we need that cold to contain the amount of organisms we fall prey to. With last years warm winter and another this year, we might have had more trouble along those lines.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.