a nosy question for you

Crozet, VA

Hi Folks - I hope that no one will be offended by me asking this question, just don't answer if it is too personal. Thanks.

I am interested in findng out how many on here retired due to age and how many retired due to disability. I am in the second category and have been since 1993. It was a bit hard in the beginning because my job was so much a part of my idenity that I wasn't sure who I was or what I liked.

In my case my health improved from not having the stress associated with working. Since I was no longer in chronic pain, I was able to look around at things and see what sorts of interests I had. The first few years were very busy raising two sons. After they were older and could care for themselves better, I began getting involved with antiques and collectibles.
I attended auctions at least weekly and had some of my buys for sale in a local shop. This interest took up quite a few years also. After I kind of lost interest in those things, I became interested in gardening and here I am today.

What is your story?

Thanks everyone.

Ruby

This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!