http://www.eflowergarden.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=51

berts hostas from last springs order

Thumbnail by notmartha
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

yeah thanks for the link notmartha. i will look again!!! Ronna

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i got my order in-but may add some more!!! LOL

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

you mean to tell me that ,thats how large they are when they arrive wow really worth the two- five dollars they charge huh??? almost everything is for full sun though and i do not have full sun. last year i got a ton of free hostas from my mom and dads old house... and had fun planting every last one of them.... i really dont know if i need any more but they sure are beautiful i may have to look again ;0) thanks Ronna

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

they have alot of stuff for shade
caladiums,elephant ears, callas and the hostas!!!

order you wont be sorry!!!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

oh i see i really didnt read it very well they come in apackage... thats fine and you just put them in pots in your gh???

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

how much shade can callas take i tried them once and they didnt do to hot.. and almost everything is for warmer zones im really not one to dig up and store the bulbs over winter... lazy i guess i have never tried the elephant ears they would be kinda fun to try maybe i will... Ronna

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I pot them up in the GH till i can get them to the shade garden in the spring

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Hello Dori, Could you please tell me where to find "Berts" site to order from eflowergarden?
I found some stuff I want. Also is the pricing as stated on the site or what?? How do you find the thread to order ?
Thanks for helping another NEWBIE!!! I won't forget come my yellow Lilly give away this Spring!!!
Thank You,
Julie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

jazz dori has included a link to eflowers.com on her thread...first response. all you have is click on that. i really have trouble with the site everytime i look it skips around and doesnt go to the next page... i dont understand... see if you have troubles. Ronna

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

yes bert tries to keep the prices as low as possible(great guy)
i dont have any trouble navigating the site.

this is the main page
http://eflowergarden.com/

catalog page
http://eflowergarden.com/default.aspx
opens in a new window

this is the spring shipment items
http://www.eflowergarden.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=51

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh Thanks all,
I thought it was a Co-OP like the last one where you did not order on your own but through one central person who then collected the money DUH!!!
I am soo new to ll this!! Thanks for the help. i just placed my order!!
i got lots of good stuff. Has anyone here in Mich. tried zephryanthes or hymenocallis??
I did order those. Please share any info if you can. Thank You,
Julie

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I have grown zephryanthes(rain lilies) here before
you will have to dig and store them
I planted them-enjoyed them and treated them as annuals-so they are all gone now!

i hate storing stuff all winter!!!

i do like calla's though! that the one thing i wish i would have added to my order
they are so cool!

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

HUMPH????
I thought it said zones 3-7?? I better look again. I also have a hard time remembering to lift everything!! I actually let some calllas die as they were so small and not very showy!! If I knew you were looking. They were called Neon Lights and they were pink.
My favorites are the Yellow with spoted leaf or the giant white!! Oh wait I can't remember which color has the spotted leaf??
Oh well if they overwintered well I may have some to share. I will let you know!!!
Thanks Again Dori,
Julie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

alright im pretty excited i placed an order i dont know why i had all the problem with the site before. but it skipped around before. how can you go wrong with the prices. and after seeing pictures of doris yard we know they are beautiful plants:) Ronna

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

You are right Ronna. Doris yard is spectacular. I wish mine looked so "weedless" I will have to work on that this spring. I always get nervous putting down Preen. It's a balance I have not done well with. Trying to keep out weeds yet have some things self sow!! I have not done well with that!!
Well there is always another spring coming for another try!!
Julie

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

Dori why do you like ordering from this vendor so well?
Specifics please! Thanks! ;o)

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

1 becuz we have become good FRIENDS over the past 7yrs!
2. They sends great plants
3. The prices are the CHEAPEST you will find anywhere
4. Bert is a member here at daves
5. highly rated in the garden watch dog
6. Great communications
7. Everything is pack and shipped so professionally

Cuz i luv the family!!! :)

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

got my eflowergarden order-will pot them up tomorrow!!!

oh HAPPY HAPPPY ME!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey Dori,
Those look great!! i had to cancel my Hosta order cause i don't have a place for them and i was going to make a bed but with all i have coming i think i am going to be in trouble if i try to plan too much!!
I do have an order i placed in January that i will be looking forward to getting but i think not for a few weeks yet. Or maybe soon!! I really don't know!
But it is nice to see how wonderful the plants look!!
Julie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I am waiting very patiently as we speak for Berts order to arrive!!!! They look georgeous Dori.... I have many seeds going and phlox in small pots and soon Berts!!!! Oh Im so excited.... Dont you just love planting time? I keep ordering, ordering....wondering where I will put the new babies.... Will find a happy home for all... Smiling. Ronna

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

What an exciting time of year!

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

I wish I would've seen the turtle w/ mother B4 I ordered to see if Bert would put it in my box:(

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.