wish we all could be california girls (and guys)

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

Here is what i wrote to the CA garden forum, who were advising me on CA stuff.... to tired to write y'all a new one sorry.
i type badly on Eric's computer - sorry.
We are now in indian wells - yes, the drive from L.A. was LONG. Loved L A and i totally see why people move here in droves - it is beautiful - and the weather ain't bad either...
going to the Living Desert tomorrow i think...

in LA, we:
took a silly trolley tour, but it took us to the Hollywood bowl, and we could walk around it, then we were waved down by girls in a Red Bull car who gave us all free Red Bull. and we drove by the studios which was neat, and waved to the striking writers...
ate great mexican food at a place on melrose called Antonios?
saw a funny funny show in Burbank
drove the Sunset Strip at night and ate at Mels
Drove Mullholland Drive a night - wow.
went to the La Brea tar pits - a really nice museum
saw the Cloverfield Statue of Liberty set up outside Graumanns, and barricades about to be deployed - it looked like the premiere was going to be there tonight...

anyway - lots o fun, more later, thanks for all the recs, sorry we didn't follow more of them, we might go to san diego Sunday, decided not to drive out there yesterday...
GRRRR... DH's laptop makes me NUTS!

more soon - and pics - left my cable upload thingie at home.

o, and the show was:
A Charlie James Brown Xmas
too too funny.

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

So glad you're having a good time Amy!! We got more snow last night and it's going to be really cold this weekend!! Eleanor

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Sounds like fun Amy!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Glad your enjoying yourself Amy!! Bring back some warmth please!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Enjoy the rest of it!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Good for you, Amy! Vacations are a great way to manage the winter blahs and blues!! I have always believed that vacations are not luxuries - they are necessities for good mental health - entirely worth the investment in fun and frolics!! Enjoy!

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

pictures coming soon. really.
sigh.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

ok - here are a couple - so many to go through...
The 1st 2 days we stayed in a hotel on a little side street in Hollywood - not as scary as it sounds... We could walk to the Chinese Theatre and the Kodak.

this GIANT dusty miller was growing in front of the building next to our hotel in Hollywood. i had to explain to DH that it is the same little plant used in (way too many) landscapings around here...

Thumbnail by amethystsm
belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

really, i was impressed...

Thumbnail by amethystsm
belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

here we are at the Hollywood Bowl:

edited to say: note the Tshirt - can't see the sandals - ahhh....

This message was edited Jan 24, 2008 3:47 PM

Thumbnail by amethystsm
belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

Hey - look - there really is a big sign that says Hollywood!
(duh - what silly thing makes us take pictures of the same things everyone takes pictures of?)
i was disappointed to find out you can't actually go up there....

Thumbnail by amethystsm
belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

but we got as close as we could...

Thumbnail by amethystsm

Nice! Any striking writer photos??

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

Eric may have some - he still hasn't uploaded his...
We waved and gave them the thumbs up when we passed by on the tour trolley (DH is a member of United Scenic Artists, and i am a member of Actors' Equity...)

Here is a mysterious fountain at Vine & __ (Wilshire? Sunset?)
The woman is riding backwards on the bull, which is waterskiing on dolphins, while a cherub hangs onto her neck. We walked around this one a bunch. No explanation...

Thumbnail by amethystsm

Explanation - California!!

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Glad to have you back Amy. Nice pics and sounds like you had a good time! Eleanor

(Zone 4a)

Nice photos!!! Glad you enjoyed yourself!!!! Looks like fun!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Really nice photo of you two in front of the Hollywood sign, Amy. Looks like a really fun trip! Welcome home!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.