Any thoughts on this vendor?

They've got hippies on sale at a decent price, but I could not find a Watchdog entry on them. Any experiences? It looks like you can't order directly online.

http://tytyga.com/category/Dutch+Flowering+Amaryllis+Lily+Bulbs

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Buyer Beware on Ty Ty. I had a negative experience with them, they lost my order, after I wrote them a letter of complaint, with the copy of the original order, they sent me mislabelled bulbs.

Thanks bsharf. I was waiting for someone to ring in on this before placing my order. They have an interesting selection, but no way to order online.

Thanks Raydio-

That's all I need to hear.

-A

Wow. That's a bullet dodged. Thanks again to bsharf and Raydio.

This message was edited Jan 18, 2008 9:27 AM

Here's a choice:
Buy from TYTY or inundate your money with gasoline then strike a match.
Equal chance of receiving merchandise.

They are the first to come up in a net search, so it's a shame. Although the prices did seem a bit too good to be true. The business about why they aren't in the Watchdog is outrageous.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

That IS unusual; they used to be in Watchdog with many negatives. I just checked several ways and they are not to be found there. What's up with that?

Interestingly, I have learned that if you visit the nursery - in person - the selection and quality of the plants is top notch. They must send out the dead stuff.

Bessemer City, NC(Zone 7b)

If I was ever there at the nursery, I would probably buy some plants. That way, I'd know what I was getting, say, if I saw the plant in bloom. That would be the only way I would buy from them, for now.

If you read the links Raydio posted, one explains why they aren't in Watchdog.

Oh, I know that story already.

Scurrilous.

Ardesia wasn't aware. And here is a discussion from DG:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/578443/

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Wow, thanks, I did not remember that one. Now I would not buy from them at the nursery either. It seems they would rather sue than repair their reputation.

Sorry Andi--I misread your post.

R.

I had my order form all filled out and ready to go. Glad I asked. And one of those links you posted before had a list of other names that they are operating under. I printed that out to hang on to. There were maybe 25 aliases.

This message was edited Jan 29, 2008 8:35 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.