NE Flower show

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Is anyone planning on going to the Flower Show this year?
Here is a link for the info:
http://www.masshort.org/New-England-Spring-Flower-Show
??
Looking for driving buddies... :)

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

I'm thinking about it. I usually go every year. You gonna come down and pick me up? Ha! Just kidding...

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi Deb - I have no excuse this year... I am going with you!

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Harper - nedd a co-pilot who can't read a map?

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

I need a GPS guidance system in Boston nowadays! Even though the Big Dig is supposedly done, it's still confusing.
I've had to drive to Medford square a couple of times and each time I get totally lost on the way back - I mean, I was in Braintree before I figured out how to get back on a road that would get me to Framingham.
Usually I would take the "T" into Boston and spend the day, and be back by 2:00 PM so I was here when the kids got home from school. Now that they are older, I can most likely spend ALL DAY at the Flower Show! Plus, having a van allows for a lot more purchases than one can carry on a trolley. I can seat 7 adults including the driver.

:)
Deb

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Hey, we most likely will see Martha over at the show... she goes every year!!!! maybe some more people can come and we can get together.... oh that would be a great chance to see you guys!!!

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

I've never been before, but always wanted to . . . keep me informed if there is a carpool going, maybe I'll sneak out!

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Ok! You're in Metrowest or thereabouts too, right?
We could all meet at a starbucks (or my house if you can stand that much dog hair) and all carpool in!
I'm getting excited! I will so need more artistic inspiration by March.....

:)

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Hey people! come to see the Flower Show. This is the last year it will be at the Bayside Expo Center. It is moving next year to the Convention Center down in South Boston.
I don't just go every year, I have worked on the Flower show every year for the last 18 years. I am the Chairperson of the Junior Horticulture exhibit. We get 150-200 exhibits every year from children age 16 and under and we have won 8 gold medals in a row for the exhibit as a whole.
Car pool if you can. the parking fee is murder. I don't even get a break! If you want to have a mini-roundup one day at the show, I would be happy to meet you all at my Juniors exhibit! Juniors would be glad to have you!
Here's me with my latest gold medal and the Amateur Horticulture Chairperson.
Martha

Thumbnail by gardenmart
Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

a view of my exhibit.

Thumbnail by gardenmart
Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Martha, I would love to see you again... and this year I am going to make it... I am so hooked on gardening now that is a crime if I don't attend... I am even thinking of the Philadelphia one too!!!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

I'm thinking of the Philadelphia one also, Kass. However, like with food when you're hungry, I think my eyes are bigger than my stomach.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Haper, I have the same problem... I want to do it all!
and I don't like to sleep... to me it's a waiste of time!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

you know, Rhode Island has a great little flower show at the end of Feb. It's in Providence. You might want to go to that. I think it might be closer to your home Kassia I have been to it a couple of times and it is always great.
Martha

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi folks!
More info from the flower show. If I can get together 20 people who want to go to the show, I can get a group discount on the admission tickets. The cost to the individual would be $15.00 instead of the $20.00 if you buy it individually. You don't have to use it on a specific date either. We could go as a group, or if you think you would rather wander "lonely as a cloud", you can go on whatever date you want. Let me know who is interested and I can set it up.
Martha

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

That's funny Kass. I don't skimp on sleep, but I think eating is a waste of time.

I'd be interested Martha.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Me, too.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

I definitely want to go this year I can go Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I defintely would rather someone else drove in Boston. Is it possible to take a commuter train in from Framingham?

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Michaela, the Bos. Flower show is just off the highway. No city driving. It's really easy.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

The commuter train comes in from Framingham. Worcester, too I think.
Martha

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Oh, Harper, I wish my brain would tell me that eating was a waste of time!

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Harper, oh my dear friend... maybe if we hang out more often I would learn to think that eating is a waste of time... I blame my genetic makeup! my genes are fat!

Speaking of makeup - it was just on the news that certian chemicals in lipstick can make a womans breast bigger. This was a 10 year study !

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

didn't work for me :-)

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

maybe it's the same chemicals that can be found on silicone implants!

It was on Fox News. The male Dr. was getting worried about the makeup they put on him for the show. So maybe it can work on men also

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

I don't wear lipstick - I blame my "upper body" growth to "eating isn't a waste of time yet"!

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

lol... well, I guess I will be checking the ingredients on my lipsticks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.